Chapter 9: They're Back

Monday has reached. Lila, Cooper, Nathanial and Mrs. Barton has all left and went back to their safe house while May and I actually went back to our apartment. I haven't been in my apartment for what felt like ages and even though the compound is fun, it's good to be back. Before we went to our apartment, we dropped Ned and Mj off at their homes. Anyways, I'm now riding the subway to my school and my head is killing me.

My heightened senses are still a bit wonky because of my concussion but I need to control them. I've done it before, I could do it again. But I still don't have them under controlled yet. Yesterday it was so bad, I lost control but tried to not show it. God I hate sensory overloads.

For the rest of the way to school, my mind wonders off and I start to think about my nightmare. I had a nightmare of being kidnapped and tortured in Hydra. I woke up sweating and crying but luckily, I didn't wake up May. I had trouble going back to sleep so I just caught up in my classes instead.

The subway train screeches to a stop and I wince in pain. I get off at the stop along with some other people and start walking to my school which is now only five minutes away. I see the school and I finally make my way up the school stairs. I enter and begin my search for Ned and Mj. It doesn't take long until I see them over at Neds locker so I walk up to them.

"Hey guys!" I greet them. They turn towards me and Ned and I start to do our handshake.

"Sup loser" Mj greets back.

"I can't believe you're actually in school! I feel like it's been ages!" Ned practically shouts and I try my hardest to not flinch.

"Oh, we have a decathlon meet during lunch but you don't have to come if you don't feel up to it" Mj mentions.

"No it's ok, I'll come. It'll be fun!" I claim but then I remembered something. "Can you tell me more about this spidey protection thing?"

"It's kinda like me being your guy in the chair! They could help out with things and help keep watch and if you get hurt, you can easily come to one of our houses if you're close" Ned explains.

"I didn't come up with it" Mj points out as I nod my head.

Ringgggg.

I flinch as the bell rings, not being prepared for it. I hear it ringing through my head and I see Ned and Mj talking but I can't quite hear them.

"What?" I say above a whisper.

"Are you ok?" Ned asks and I can start to hear him a bit better. I just nod my head in response when I realize it was a bad idea. The school is now swaying and I feel someone grab onto me but I don't make contact with the floor.

"Sorry" I mumble. I close my eyes and try to tune everything out besides Ned's and Mjs voices. It takes a few tries when it finally works. I open my eyes to a worried and terrified Ned and Mj. Mj is trying to not show it but I can just barely see it. "I'm ok, I'm sorry" I apologize.

"Are you sure? We should take you to the nurse right Mj?" Ned questions.

"No it's alright, I'm fine. Let's just go to class before we're late" I assure them before starting to walk. Though as I walk, I stumble a bit before catching myself.

"We should get you to the nurse" Mj says but it's more of a demand.

"I promise that I'm fine. It's just a sensory overload. Let's just go to class before we're late" I promise.

Mj and Ned looks at each other before approaching me and we start to walk to class.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><><>