Chapter 36: Worry

"Boss, baby spider panic protocol activated" Friday announces, quickly waking me up from my sleep.

I look next to me to see Pepper now also awake.

"Panic protocol?" Pepper questions but I don't have time to answer her when her eyes goes as wide as mine.

I quickly rush out of my bed, swinging the door open.

I race across my room to Peters room.

I quickly open his door to be welcomed to his dim lights cause he's still scared of the dark.

I brush that thought away when I see Peter squirming in his bed, his breathing way out of normal.

I rush over to him and put my hand a top of him.

"Underoos, wake up" I nervously tell him.

He doesn't wake up.

Just as I was about to shake him and tell him to wake up, his body jumps into a sitting position.

His breathing still way out of normal.

I see tears rolling down his cheeks and his fearful eyes.

"Breathe. I know you can breathe so breathe. Just in and out, deep breathes" i instruct.

He turns towards me and his eyes go even wider if that's possibly.

He scrambles towards the other side of the bed, away from me.

I feel a ping of hurtness in my heart but I know it's just from the nightmare.

"You're ok, just breathe. Take deep breathes" I repeat.

He shakes his head no.

He opens his mouth to say something but the words don't form.

I'm about to tell him to breathe again when his words finally form.

"G-g-go a-away" he stammers.

I look at him confused and shock.

"I'm not going away until you calm down and breathe properly" I argue.

"N-no! G-go a-a-away!" He yells again.

"Ok I don't know what you are doing but you can't be alone right now. You need to breathe, in and out. Take deep breathes in and then out after holding it for a couple of seconds" I ignore him.

"Y-y-y-you......g-go awa-away!" He trails off after his first word.

What was he gonna say?

"Pete, I'm not going away until you calm down and breathe" I continue.

He shakes his head.

His entire body is shaking as he's crying.

His eyes looks scared.

"G-go a-away dammit!" He cries out.

I stand there in shock.

The kid never really snaps at me or really anyone.

What did he dream about?

"Underoos, I'm just trying to help. I need you to breathe, ok?" I assure.

"F-fuck y-y-you. G-go a-away" he states.

Damn.

That hurt.

"Fine, fine. I'll go but I want you to get under control and try to get some sleep" I give up, leaving his room and shutting the door.

I walk back to my room and shut my own door, taking a deep breathe out that I didn't even know I was holding.

"What happened? Is he ok?" Pepper questions.