Chapter 6

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Morning▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

'María! María! María! María!'

I groan and open my eyes slightly, I immediately shut them from the blinding light that shun into my room. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes to get the sleep out of them and to try and wake myself. I look over to the other side of the room to see Antonio standing there with a big smile on his face. I jump.

'You nearly gave me a infarto de miocardio (heart attack) Antonio!' I say as he starts laughing at me.

'Come on! Hurry up or we are going to miss breakfast!' He says. I roll my eyes playfully at him. I stand up off my bed to go to my wardrobe but soon realise there was a box on the floor. I look over to Antonio with a raised eyebrow.

'Where did this come from?' I ask.

He shrugs. 'Abuela dropped it off at the door earlier, I think its your maids uniform' He says.

I carefully pick up the box and place I on my bed so I can open it. When I open the lid of it I am greeted by a lovely white shirt with little blue and yellow designs on it and underneath that a gorgeous blue skirt with yellow swirls and symbols around the ends. I gasp.

'Its precioso (gorgeous)' I mumble as I run my hand over the soft material.

'It will look muy bonito (very pretty) on you!' Antonio says as he peers under my arm at the dress. I nod.

'Bueno you go and I will get changed bueno?'

'Okie dokie!' He says. He exits my room with a click from the door.

I smile like a fool. I slip the dress on over my head, fixing the front of it so it doesn't fall to far. I reach behind me and zip up the back of it but it gets awkward when it gets to the top so I leave the zip so it's open a bit. I look in the mirror and smile at how I look. I then did one more twirl in it before exiting my room but instead to find an Antonio siting outside playing with his jaguar.

'Antonio?' I ask. He jumps a bit at the sound of my voice. He looks up at me and his eyes widen. I start to fidget with my necklace. 'Do I look bueno?'

'You look amazing!' He says and jumps up out of his spot on the floor. 'I'll race you there!'He says as he runs through Casita.

'Hey no fair!!' I shout after him and start running too. I catch up to him quick enough but he was a bit quicker than me so he pushed himself forward into his seat at the table. 'Your a devil Antonio!' I say while laughing. Suddenly I stop when I realise the whole Madrigal familia looking at me. 'H-hola Madrigals'

They then burst out laughing too except for Señora Alma but I got a light chuckle from her.

'Buenos días (good morning) María!' They all shout at me. I chuckle.

'Buenos días Madrigals' I reply.

'Antonio! I was looking for you all day! Where have you been!?' Pepa says as she runs over to Antonio's seat in a hurry. Antonio had a shy smile on his face.

'Lo siento Mama (sorry mom), I woke up early to annoy María' He says. Pepa sighs and pats her sons head.

'You can't just wake up María when ever you feel like it hijo (son)' Felix said from down the table. He then turned to me and gave an apologetic look. I smiled.

'Lo siento (sorry)' Antonio says as he looks down.

'Its fine hijo just don't scare us like that again, beano?' Pepa asks giving Antonio a kiss to the forehead.

'Te lo prometo mamá (I promise mom)' He replied and Pepa centre back to her seat.

'Sorry for Antonio María, that dress is lovely on you too' Pepa comments. I look at my feet.

'Oh Antonio was fine he caused no trouble Señora Pepa and gracias on the compliment' I reply. Just as I was going to walk away but familiar voice stopped me.

'You look precioso (gorgeous) in that dress María~' Camilo says. He stands up from the table and comes to stand infront of me. He takes my hand and places a kiss to the back of it. I smile a bit. 'If beauty was time you'd be an eternity' He says. I widen my eyes while Felix and Agustín wolf whistle and the girls at the table had their jaws to the floor. I have no comeback for this....shit.

'G-gracias Señor' I say while trying to hid my blush. He escorts me over to the table full of food, I squeal in delight I take a plate and start to fill it with Julieta's delicious food. Camilo and of started talking. He started making loads of funny jokes and using cringey pick up lines. 'That was horrible!' I laugh while trying not to drop my plate of food.

He blows a raspberry at me. 'It wasn't that bad!' He defended. I look at him and give him the don't-try-and-fight-me-on-this-one-pal look. We burst out laughing again. When we headed back to the table there are no seats free as Olivia's legs were placed onto of my seat. She gave me a smug look. I sigh. 'What's wrong?' Camilo asks. I look up at him.

'No seats...' I mutter. He looked back at the table and see Olivia with her feet up on my seat. He sighs before looking back at me.

'As long as I have a face mi amor you will have a seat!' He say. My jaw drops. Dolores gasps from the end of the table.

'You can share with me!' Dolores says as she sprouts up from the table. I smile at Camilo before I go and share a seat with Dolores. It actually wasn't that bad sharing a seat with Dolores. We chatted away to each other as we ate. About books and music we like. Señora Alma stood up at the end of the table.

'Another day in the beautiful Encanto! And a another day together as a Familia! Another day helping the people of Encanto! Madrigals!' She says as she raises a glass.

'Madrigals!' We cheer. She smiles and we continue on with breakfast. After everyone finished I collect the dirty dishes, cups and cutlery. As I was about to go to the kitchen Señora Alma comes over also calling Olivia, Victoria and Sofia.

'I have your duties written out on a piece of paper that is on the kitchen table, everything you will do today and for the rest of the week is on there, when you are finished please come to me as I want to see how well you've done, bien? (Alright?)' She says. I nod. She smiles before walking off to Encanto with the rest of the Madrigals.

Olivia, Victoria and Sofia just roll their eyes and walk the opposite way to the kitchen. I raise an eyebrow at them but I ignore them and go to the kitchen with dirty dishes in hand.