Chapter 31

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎MARÍA▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

The Madrigals gasp.

I turn my tilted head so I was looking right back at Alma. I held my ground and I didn't dare let my glare slip. My cheek stung and tears threatened to slip. Alma had wide eyes. I felt Mirabel grab onto my shoulders and her head was peaking out above my shoulder.

'You have no right to raise a hand to anyone, let alone your nieta (granddaughter)' I state. 'And you have no right to be rude and make a big argument over something that doesn't concern you or your opinion!-'

'Do not raise your voice to me, mujer joven (young lady)!' Alma cuts me off.

'You have no right to agree to a marriage that Isabela doesn't want!' I raise my voice further resulting in my voice echoing around Casita. 'You have no right to lay all your troubles and secrets on Luisa and then just leave her to deal with them on her own!' Alma turns to the Madrigals behind her. Luisa's eyes started to brim with tears and she scratched her arm awkwardly. She turns back to me with a contrasted look. 'You have no right to make your familia question who they are! You have no right to pick a favourite and cast the rest out like they are no one! Like they don't belong! You. Have. No. Right. To tell your familia that you will never be proud of them....' I start to drift off a bit. My breathing erratic and unsteady. My hands balled into fists. 'You have no right to treat a familia member different because their "different", if you haven't noticed no one is ever perfect! When will you wake up and see that!' My voice starts to get louder again. 'When will you realise you are hurting this family!?'

Alma stood their mouth agape. Her eyes widen. They started to brim with tears. Before she could open her mouth to say something snarky Casita started to shake. Vigorously shaking and cracking. Oh no. I turn around and face Mirabel. She had her tear stained face but she also had widened eyes. I give her a confident nod and she returns it. She grabs my hand and we run for the candle together.

'Casita!' Mirabel shouts with a strained voice.

The house seems to understand her call as suddenly two balcony banister came down like a ladder. We climbed up. The calls of the Madrigals in the background. The only one I could hear though was Camilo.

'MARÍA!!!!'

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I GOT A CHAPTER FOR Y'ALL!

I'm so sorry I'm so late posting if you didn't see in conversation on my profile I have a very big project due! So so sorry I'm so late! Hope you enjoyed tho!