Chapter 19

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Hermanos!▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

I gasped. 'Hermanos!'

Mirabel released my arm as I ran and jumped into mi hermano Manolo's arms. He caught me with a laugh. Miguel also laughed and he squeezed me into a tight bear hug when I let go of Manolo. They both kissed me cheek. When we released from our hugs we burst out laughing for no reason. I could feel Mirabel's presence from behind leave.

'Oh look at how you have grown!' Miguel says as he hugs me again. I chuckle.

'Its true I remember last time I saw you you were only....here' Manolo says as he places his hands to his the middle of his chest. I laughed even harder.

'I was not!' I argue.

'You are becoming a young women querida hermana (dear sister)' Manolo says as he wraps a protective arm around my waist.

'Sí! We must protect you from all those "bOyS"' Miguel emphasis Boys. I giggle.
'How are you María?' Manolo asked. I smiled in joy.

'Increíble hermano! (Amazing brother!), how are the both of you?' I ask. They sheepishly smile.

'Bueno I suppose...' Miguel answers. I raise a brow as his voice went a bit deeper and I know that was never a good sign.

'What's wrong hermanos?' I ask them and pull away from their grasp to look at them sternly. They drop their heads to the ground at the same time and they play with either their fingers or their shirt.

'Well.....you could say that Papa....' Miguel starts.

I start to fear the worst. 'W-whats wrong with P-papa?'

'He got a little bit sick after you left.....' Manolo says but when he raises his head I know he sees my guilty face. I should have stayed. 'He's fine! We promise! We have a doctor and he has his medication to take! He will be okay' he reassures and comes closer to wrap me in a warm comforting hug. He kisses my forehead. Miguel comes up behind me and hugs me close too. I melt into their embraces.

'I should still come home though' I say. They pull away and shake their heads.

'No no no! You are happy here!' Miguel says.

'But you will need help with Papa and your jobs-' I ramble.

'María' Manolo says sternly. I look up at him stopping my rambling. 'I know you want to help us and Papa, you have been doing that all your life, you never had a proper childhood after Mama died, this got difficult and too much pressure was placed on your shoulders at such a young age, we are not letting that happen again, I see how happy you are here, you were never like that at home, stay here for our sake'

I look up at him with widened eyes. 'F-for your guys sake?'

They nod their heads. 'For us'

I smile at them as a single tear falls. 'For mi familia' they hugged me tight against their chests we were like that for a while just melting in each others embraces but I started to pray pray to the Mictlantecuhtli that he wouldn't take my father's life so soon. I prayed and prayed the entire time. Please please please....

︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Sorry I gave ye another short one! Hope ye enjoyed it none the less tho!