Chapter 12

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Camilo's day off▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

A week had past. During that week nothing extraordinary happened. I just got closer to the Madrigals as the days past while Olivia, Victoria and Sofia got in trouble with them more and more, from them not doing their duties to getting totally wasted and coming back to Casita screaming their hearts out. It was a horrible cycle that happened throughout the week.

Every Madrigal in the Familia put in the effort to get to know me better and better.

Mirabel we had our nightly sleepovers that we introduced last Wednesday.

Luisa came to me crying or ranting every now and then but she would also come to me to ask if I could help with her chores which I gladly accepted or she would just want to chat, laugh and horse around.

I got closer to Isabela by gardening as on my duties list for Thursdays I have to water the pumpkins and plant some more coconut trees and she gave me some pointers.

Pepa and I did the washing together every Tuesday and Friday.

I help Julieta with the cooking every night and the breakfast in the morning if she would let me.

Felix, Agustín and I got closer through debates at dinner. Literally every dinner we started a new debate that was totally stupid but very valid........I have beaten them in all of them so far.....HAHA.

Dolores and I got closer through books. Every night we would sit down in the living room and just relax and read.

Antonio would talk to me about animals when ever I was free. We would also have cuddle sessions.

Alma and I got closer through respect and familia.

Then Camilo.....Camilo got closer than ever, he would interrupt me cleaning or something just to put a rose or daffodil in my hair then before I could say anything her would run off, he also started to flirt with me a lot more. He would us a pick up line or a dirty joke. He would make my cheeks go hot and he knew that. The fucker....

Today was the day before Antonio's gift ceremony, let's just say everyone is a bit stressed. Pepa, Felix and Alma are making sure everything is perfect and in place for this meaning a lot of bossing around and a lot of mistakes.

I was starting to panic at this stage. Beads of sweat rolled down my face as I scrubbed Casita's floors clean. I've had to do this the whole day from the top to the bottom of the house and let's say my arms were dead. It's just this spot that just won't budge!!

'Estás bien María? (You okay María?)' A voice asks. I had been scrubbing the floors so vigorously I didn't realise someone was next to me. I look up from Casita's floor and see Camilo's figure but the sun was behind him so I only saw his figure and I must say......he looked like a god. I didn't realise I was staring until he spoke again. 'Do I look that good chica bonita (pretty girl)' He smiles cheekily.

I roll my eyes and stand up while dusting off my dress. 'I believe I have answered that question before guapo (handsome)' I tease. He grins.

'I suppose you did' He replied.

I chuckle before lifting the bucket of water by my feet and start walking to the kitchen. I feel Camilo's presence follow me. When I reach the kitchen I can't lift the bucket up high enough for me to tip the dirty water into the sink. Suddenly I feel soft hands wrap around mine from behind. These hands help me lift the bucket up and help tilt it so the water starts to pour out of it emptying the wooden bucket. I turn my head to the side and look up at Camilo. He stares down at me. I lean up and give him a kiss to the corner of his lips. I then carefully walk out of his grip to put the bucket and brush away and to go onto my next task. That was until Camilo comes running up to me. I raise a brow.

'Cami? What's wrong?' I ask. He just looks at me with his cheeks dusted with pink.

'I-i-ehm' I stumbles, I giggle at his flustered look. 'Well I was wondering if-....' He mutters the last part so I didn't catch it.

'Wondering what?' You ask. He turns dark red and looks to his feet while playing with his fingers. He's nervous...

'I-i was wondering i-if you would like to go down t-to the lake' He says a bit louder so I catch it this time. '-with m-me' He adds on.

'I would love too Cami but i have so many jo-'

'I can help them with you when we come back, I have the day off today...' He says. He looked at me with a hopeful look. I break out into a smile.

'I'd love to Cami' I reply. His nervous smile is replaced with one of his massive grins that I just love so much. He suddenly picks me up by the waist and spins me around and around. The bucket I was once holding falls to the floor with a clank. I instantly place my hands on his shoulders. I laugh and giggle and he laughs and chuckles. He then places me back to the ground. I smile up at him. 'Let me just grab my bag, ill be two minutes'

I run off to my room and stuff my satchel with my sketchbook and pencils and a few other little things. I also put the bucket and brush back in the process. When I run back to Camilo I am greeted by a flustered Camilo and a grinning Dolores. I raise a brow at the situation. Dolores chuckles and starts to walk up to her room but before she walks inside she shouts back down.

'Enjoy your date~'

Camilo and I walked through Encanto a peaceful atmosphere wrapped around us. No words needed to be exchanged. A warm feeling wraps around my hand. I look down at my hand about to tear away the strange contact until I see Camilo's hand intertwined with mine. I blush but smile at the contact. We continue to walk through Encanto with joined hands. A few people stop and give us a few glances some with an awed, some with a jealous and others would give us a wink.

We walked and walked for what seemed like hours until a small clearing opened I the forest revealing a gorgeous lake covered in blossom petals and lily pads. The green trees wrapped around the lake so it was hidden from everything, the green bushes concealing all of Encanto's animals homes. The clear water reflected the sun and the blue sky. Felix seemed to have calmed Pepa down. The trees around seemed much darker than the ones around Encanto. I was in awe at this place. Camilo tugged on my hand breaking me out of my trance. I look over at him.

'This place is just......wow' is all I could say.

'That's what I said when I found it too' he says as he looks out along the clear waters. 'But now it can be our own spot, just for the two of us' He says. I smile at him and nod my head. He grins and tugs my hand dragging me with him. He then plonks me down on the silky soft green grass underneath the blossom tree and he lays his head on my lap as I lean back onto the blossom tree's trunk. I chuckle at him.

'Your very comfortable mi vida (my life) ' He compliments with closed eyes.

I giggle. 'Gracias niño bonito (pretty boy)' I say. I then pull ot my sketchbook and pencils intending to draw the landscape but instead getting distracted by a niño bonito that's head lay in my lap.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Hey guys! Sorry I hope my writing is still okay! I just don't want the quality of it to turn to shit because I'm in school so I'm so sorry if it is! I hope you all are enjoying it tho! So please leave a comment or two because I would love to hear your feedback! Love you all, and stay safe!!!!