Chapter 18

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Cracks!▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

'Cracks! Cracks are everywhere! All over Casita!' Mirabel shouts as she comes running into Antonio's room. I gasp and manage to escape Camilo's grasp and run straight out the door and I realise the cracks Mirabel was talking about were.....healing?. 'See- what? They were all over! The tiles started to shake and the house started to crack-'

Abuela puts a hand up and gives her a warning glance. She turns back to the crowd. 'Casita is safe! The magic is strong! Now please music!' She encourages and walks back into Antonio's room. I run down to Mirabel.

'I believe you....I saw them too...' I say. She pops her head up at me. I smile and so does she. I realise she has a cut on her hand so I drag her to the kitchen to give her some arepas that Julieta made. 'What happened?' I ask.

'I-i don't know.....I walked out of Antonio's room just to get some air and when I landed in the centre of Casita its tiles, walls, pictures, furniture, roof tiles everything just started to shake uncontrollably, then it just stopped and a roof tile fell, I went over to it and I cut my hand, a drop of blood landed on the floor tiles and the cracks just.....came from the floor up the walls towards the Miracle...' I nodded along.

'We need to find out what's wrong' I say sternly. She whips her head to me.

'Y-you don't think I'm crazy?' She asks. I shake my head.

'Por supuesto que no (of course not) I am your best friend and we are going to solve what is happening together!' I state as I grab her hand. She smiles and gives mine a squeeze. I giggle.

'María! Ven aquí tenemos una sorpresa para ti!!! (Come here we have a surprise for you!!)' Abuela shouts. I look to Mirabel and I raise a brow. She just giggles and drags me where I'm apparently suppose to be.

As she drags me she turns to me. 'You need to tell me everything that happened with you and Camilo tonight by the way' she says excitedly. I blush dark crimson as I recall what had happened before Mirabel barged in. She continues to drag me through Casita weaving through the people as we would not hit them. We managed to get outside without hitting anyone but Mirabel still dragged me down the small hill that led up to Casita.

When we reached the bottom I gasped.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

So sorry I made this chapter so short! I just didn't want to combine this chapter with the next one because I don't think they should go together but anyway so sorry!!