Chapter 34

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Everything as it should be▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

I watch as Bruno got reunited with his Mama, Pepa and Julieta. Giving him giant hugs and he apologised a ton. I slowly leaned back into Camilo's chest and he wrapped his arms around me swiftly. I melted at his touch. I hummed in enjoyment as he drew circles on my hip. I felt him smile against my neck.

'I love you so much mi amor....' He whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine. I giggle softly.

'I love you too mi Príncipe' I reply. He lays a couple of soft kisses to my neck. I sigh in relief at his lips on my skin.

'Look!' Antonio shouted. We all snapped our heads to where he was pointing to. When we look out we see the whole of Encanto coming up the hill towards us with boxes and crates of building supplies.

They sang as they reached us.

Hey!
Lay down your load (lay down your load)
We are only down the road (we are only down the road)
We have no gifts, but we are many
And we'll do anything for you

Mirabel took the lead and explained what everyone was supposed to do. We all started by clearing the dirty space. Soon enough the walls were being rebuilt by the help of Mira, Hernando and I. We laughed as we played along with one of Bruno's many genius plays.

It's a dream when we work as a team (all of you, all of you)
You're so strong
Yeah, but sometimes I cry (all of you, all of you)
So do I
I may not be as strong but I'm getting wiser
Yeah, I need sunlight and fertilizer
C'mon, let's plant something new and watch it fly
Straight up to the sky, let's go

We all assure Luisa we have all been there and assuring her and each other. Mira, Isa, Luisa and I assured ourselves and started to plant. We were carful so not to upset Isabela. We threw dirt up into the air and laugh it off and plant a thousand more.

The stars don't shine, they burn
The constellations glow
The seasons change in turn
Would you watch our little girl go? (She takes after you)

I hear Julieta and Agustín talking about Mira. I smile and nod along as I finish painting the walls with the help on Camilo. I was on his shoulders and he held my thighs to make sure I didn't fall. Mira came my way and jumped up high to give me a high five seconds later Luisa also gave me one.

Home sweet home
I like the new foundation
It isn't perfect
Neither are we (that's true)
Just one more thing, before the celebration (what?)
We need a doorknob
We made this one for you

It took around three days to officially finish building Casita again. With everyone working together it worked perfectly. I stood with Camilo as we cheered Mirabel on as Antonio handed her, her own doorknob.

We see how bright you burn
We see how brave you've been
Now, see yourself in turn
You're the real gift, kid, let us in

We all gave her a wide smile and she did the same. We ushered her to the front door of the newly built Casita but she stopped for a moment. She turned on her heel and looked directly at me. I raise a brow. She walked over to me with her wide grin and she grabbed my hand pulling me away from Camilo and the others. She held my hand in hers and she gave me one side of the doorknob to hold as she held the other.

'You deserve this as much as I do, your familia María' she says with a grin. I smile and feel the happy tears prick my eyes.

'Gracias mi mejor amigo (thank you my best friend)' I reply. We turn to look at everyone's soft and encouraging gazes.

Open your eyes
Abre los ojos
What do you see?

We both look down at the shiny doorknob. We then look back at each other with equally smiley faces.

I see us
All of us

We place the doorknob in the door. The door glowed bright gold and sliver streaks throughout it. We all gasp. The magic from the door traveled throughout the whole house. Eventually the door showed a perfect family picture of the Madrigals....and me.

I smile when I see the picture but my smile widens even more when Casita waves her windows at us.

'Hola Casita!!!!' I say and wave back at her. The doors then swing open to reveal a perfectly decorated house. We all enter and the party begins, but not before Casita moves us all to the back of Casita. She shoves us together.

I land in Camilo's arms once again. He smiles down at me with his toothy grin. I smile up at him with my pink cheeks. He pulls me closer so he plants his lips on mine. We stay like that until we hear the click of a camera.

We reluctantly pull away to see everyone staring at the perfectly imperfect Madrigal familia and the lovebirds of Encanto. We turn back to each other with smiling faces. I rest my forehead on his. He pulls me closer by my hips. I wrap my arms around his neck.

'You by my side....as it should be....' He says.

'And it will always stay that way......' I reply. He pulls me in for another deep kiss. The people around us cheering and shouting. The beautiful fireworks went off in the background.

The only thing I can focus on is the boy before me.

The person who never judged me.

Who loved me despite my past.

Despite my familia.

The boy who loves a broken girl.

He fell for her beauty and unique characteristics.

She fell for his goofyness and Charm.

Terminado
(Finished)

︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Thought I would post the last chapter bc I felt ye deserve it! Thank u all for the support I got in this book and sweet and kind followers and comments! Ye are all so sweet! Thank u all for the people who were here from the start and to the people who have just joined u guys, gals and everything in between mean so much to me! Thank u again!

I guess this books journey is over!