Chapter 24

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎'I will always protect you'▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*Camilo's POV*

María spent at least an hour and a half hugging everyone in the village. Mi familia and I waited in Casita but also staring out the window at her in admiration. I watched as her smile widened with every hug she gave and how her laugh bounced around as she laughed from one of the kids jokes. I unbleached my hands and my stern gaze softened.

'She's a good one hijo (son)' Papa says breaking the silence in the kitchen. I tore my eyes from María to look at Papa. He had a wide smile on his face as he stared out the window of Casita. 'Don't let her go for anything or anyone, I definitely didn't do it for your Mamí so don't do it for her entendido? (Got it?)'

He gave Mamí a kiss to her cheek. Mamí's smile broadened and a rainbow bloomed over her head. I grinned at the two and their love. I nod my head eagerly.

'Lo prometo Papa (I promise dad)' I look away and see María twirling with one of the many kids in Encanto. We all chuckle at the sweet interaction.

(Small time skip)

I gulp. My hands sweating as I held a daffodil in my right hand. I flaten down my yellow ruana. I take a deep breath. I move my feet slowly towards the door. I reach my hand out and softly knock on the door. Almost a second later the door opens. I look down at the cute figure in front of me. Her wavy black hair flowing to the right from the wind coming in her window. Her skin shone in the sunlight. Her eyes sparkled.

'Cami?' She asks. I gulp again. I take another deep breath and muster all the courage I could.

'H-hola M-maría' I stutter. She looks at me with concerned eyes.

'Are you okay? Your all red! Are you burning up?' She asks and puts a hand to my forehead. Her face closes in on mine. I widen my eyes.

'N-no I'm okay' I mutter. I hake her hand away from my forehead but instead of letting go I lace out fingers together. 'O-oh this is for you' I hand her the daffodil. She smiles.

'Daffodils are my favourite!' She says happily. I smile at her plant love of just a simple flower. She pulls me into her room. She unlaces our hands to rest the daffodil on her bedside table with a picture frame with her familia in it. She kisses the photoframe before turning back to me.

'What is the meaning of a daffodil, María?' I ask.

'It symbolises "rebirth", rebirth of a new era, or season, or year maybe even a day' she says. 'That's why it was always mi Mama's favourite, to her it meant another day to live to the fullest, to live it the way you wanted, she said when I was young that everyday a new daffodil is sprouted from the ground to symbolise a new day for those who live, she also said a daffodil died everyday when a poor life was lost, that's why she told us to always live life with a daffodil by your side to always remember the importance of your life' she says. I stood their in awe at her words.

'Your Mamí was a wise women' I compliment. She smiles a bit.

'She was' she says quietly. 'Was there something else you needed Cami? I don't think you wanted the meaning behind a flower and if you did you could have gone to Isabela about that' she says teasingly.

I start to get nervous again. I sway on my feet trying to ease my nerves. 'I-ehm-well-' before I could say anything else I feel a hand on my cheek. Out of instinct I lean my head into the touch. I close my eyes for a moment before opening them again to see María. Mi amor.

'You can tell me anything mi Príncipe 'she says with a small giggle. 'I won't judge you'

I gulped fro what felt like the 500th time today. 'I was wondering......if we could c-cuddle?' I ask shyly. I lower my gaze to the floor. Normally it's someone else asking to cuddle with me like when Dolores crys about Mariano or when Antonio has a bad nightmare, but it seems no one would want to cuddle with me if i ask so I didn't....until now.

She let's out a sweet giggle. 'Of course mi Príncipe! There was no need to be nervous! I'd love too!' She says.

My head whips up almost giving me whiplash. I beam at her words. She grabs my hand and pulls me over to her bed. She lays down on the bed first. She lays her back on the pillows and her head by the headboard. I start to get a bit nervous again so I don't move. I here chuckle slightly. She takes my hand in hers. She pulls me closer to her to the point I'm hovering over her legs. She pulls me up closer. I slowly desend onto her making sure I don't squish her. I lay my head on her chest and wrapped my arms around her waist and out legs tangle together. She starts to play with my hair while humming. Her heart pounding along with her humming.

'I never got to thank you' she says out of the blue.

'For what?' I ask in confusion as I lift my head off her chest for a moment.

'For protecting me from Victoria' she says. I frown a bit. I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. I lean in close to her lips and press them together. It was sweet and blissful. I pulled away from her and gave her a serious look.

'I will always protect you mi amor' I say. She smiles and leans in to kisses me again.

We lay there for what felt like hours just cuddling together not daring to say another word incase we broke the atmosphere if we spoke to each other.