Chapter 28

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎'Its lovely to meet you Br-'▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

I lay my head on his chest as I listened to his heartbeat and he twirled my hair around his finger, or running his whole hand through my hair. We sat there in peace, just the two of us, like nothing mattered other than each other. I hummed. I felt his heart rate pick up the more I hummed or if I started to play with the end of his ruana. I look up at him and see his dusted red cheeks. I giggle. I quickly lean up and peck the corner of his lips, making him super flustered. I giggled again.

'You missed~' He teased. I rolled my eyes and gave him a sweet soft kiss. I pulled away when I felt a drop of water fall on my head. I look up and see the once clear evening skies covered in dark clouds. Oh no.....Pepa!

'Pepa!' I say. I jump out of his lap and pull him to his despite his protests. The rain started to get heavier as it came down upon us. 'Cami! If its raining it means your Mama is upset! You are the quickest to calm her down!'

'Oh shit!' He says and takes off at a fast pace but not before grabbing my hand and running with him.

I laughed as we ran through the village of Encanto in the pouring rain. Our clothes were drenched. We were soaked to the bone. Camilo joined in with the laughter. Soon enough the entire village was awake and peering at us through the window. But I didn't care! It was one of the many happy memories with Camilo that I would cherish forever. We made it to Casita. We could hear shouting and screaming inside. We carefully entered as to not make much noise. The kitchen door burst open and Pepa came storming out. Literally and figuratively. She stomped up to her room with Felix close behind. Neither of them noticing us. Camilo walked forward but I pulled on his hand. He gave me a strange look but I shook my head.

'I don't think anyone wants to see me right now after what I have done' I state and remove my hand from his. He frowns but nods and shortly after walks into the kitchen. I hear the kettle boiling and nothing else. The screaming seemed to have stopped. I take a deep breath and slowly walk to my room at the back of Casita as tonight's events still fresh in my head. I can't help but blame myself......it was all my fault!

Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around me. I yelp. The person quickly flips me around and I am greeted with Mirabel, Dolores, Isabela, Luisa and Antonio. Antonio quickly wrapped his arms around my legs. I smile and bent down so I can hug him properly. He gives the best hugs ever!!.

'I'm so sorry everyone' I say. The all look at me with serious gazes. 'I'm so sorry I ruined your night and your proposal Isabela, I am so sorry......' I tilt my head down, ashamed by what I had done. The group burst out laughing. I look up and I see them bent over with laughter. I place Antonio down on the ground. He was also giggling. 'What....?'

'Oh María! You saved me!' Isabela states as she grabs both of my hands. I raise an eyebrow.

'You saved all of us' Luisa says with a chuckle.

'Ya! Like if that didn't happen Isa would be so unhappy! She complains about him 24/7' Dolores says in a teasing tone. I widen my eyes.

'Really....?' I mumble. They all nod their heads rapidly. I give them a big smile and a small tear slips down my face as I realise I did nothing wrong. 'At least your all safe!'

'So are you María.....safe here....with us!' Antonio says as he stuffs his face in my yellow skirt. The others nod slowly.

'We are so sorry we weren't there María....' Mirabel says as she wraps her arm around my shoulder and gives me a squeeze.

'If I were there I would have broken every bone in his body!' Luisa states angrily as she clenched her fists.

'It was all my fault I should have heard you screaming! I was babysitting the Castro's 12 kids, they were just screaming and crying and everything, I couldn't hear anything else.....I'm so sorry'she puts her head on mine.

'I'm so sorry María! He was by my side one second and the next he was gone! If I had just kept an eye on him he would have never.....oh I'm I'm sorry María....!' Isabela says as she gives me a massive hug. I smile and hug back. I feel Isabela crying into my chest.

'Hey, hey its okay! I'm safe, I don't have a scratch on me! He didn't hurt me at all! And I'm so thankful you guys care for me this much! Its none of your guises fault! Okay?' I say. The all smile and wrap me in a giant group hug. 'You all mean so much to me...' I mumble into them. I feel their smiles.

'Us too María...us too' the say in union. We stay their for a moment until we ahd to pull away. They give me warm smiles.

'Vamos (come on) María I'll get you to bed, you've had a long day' Mirabel says. I nod and walk next to her and bid everyone goodnight. When we enter my room I quickly turn around to see a confused Mirabel.

'What have you found Mirabel?' But before she answered she gave me one last hug.

'I thought you would never come back!' She says while she hugs me.

'I would never Mira' I say softly and bug her tall frame. I pull away and look at her with scrunched brows. 'Now answer the question'

She laughs at me before she turns serious again. 'I-i' she pauses again. 'Its hard to explain but easy to show, so follow me' she gets off my bed and so do I.

I follow her down Casita's corridors and past the stairs, until we stood infront of a painting. I squint my eyes and look closer and see its hanging a bit too far from the wall. I gasp. Mirabel nods. Mirabel carefully slides the picture frame to the side and slips through the hole that was behind it, I follow close behind. We walk through the walls of Casita until we find a man on a stool, dressed in all green with cement and a scraper in his hand and......a bucket?......on his head. I tilt my head. Mirabel steps forward, the floorboards squeaks under her feet. The man quickly turns his....bucket head?......so he was looking at us. I gulp until Mirabel took another step.

'Tío this is María, the girl I was telling you about and the girl you saw in your vision...' she says calmly.

'Its lovely to meet you Br-'

'HERNANDO!'