Chapter 27

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎'There's that smile I love'▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*Camilo's POV*

'You!' I shouted. I was fuming. He dare show his filthy face here! In front of her!. 'How dare you show your face here!?'

'Camilo! What has gotten into you!?' Mamí asks as she stands up from her seat. I shake my head as furious tears brim my eyes. I feel María shaking and sobbing into me. I put one arm behind me and grab her arm to reassure her. 'Answer me Camilo Madrigal!'

'He almost raped her!' I shout as that was my breaking point. The whole table turned quiet. María breaks down and her knees buckle beneath her. I just manage to catch her before she hits her head off the floor. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to my chest, she puts her head on my chest and sobs and sobs into me. I put my head on top of hers. I turn back to my family and Mariano and his mother. 'That man, that sorry excuse of a man, tried to rape her in an alleyway! He shoved her against the wall, forcefully kissed her and touching her without her permission! And now he dare set foot in Casita in front of her and me! AFTER WHAT HE HAS DONE!?'

'Mariano would never do that!' Abuela says as she also stands from her seat. I shake my head.

'Do you think she would just burst out crying for fun and place the blame on him!? Abuela you know María wouldn't do such a thing!' I snap back at her as I rock myself and María back and forth trying to calm her.

'Well my son would never do this!' Mariano's Mama stands up as well.

'Well your wrong...' I say. I look away from her and down to María's shaking frame and then back to Mariano's Mama with a fearing gaze. 'Because look what he's done to mi esposa (my wife)' He eyes widen and she slowly desends to her seat again.

'W-well she is lying!' Mariano stutters out. We all glare at him. 'W-why would I ever lay a hand on her?!' He emphasis the word "her". I feel María go into another round or tears and shakes but this time she shakes free of my grip and runs out of the kitchen then Casita.

'MARÍA!?' We all shout out but she doesn't respond and she keeps running. I clench my fists. I spin on my heel and charge straight for Mariano. When I first saw him he had a smug smirk but it disappeared when he saw my face. My dark black furious eyes!

'You dare come here for my primas (cousins) hand and now get her? You dare come in here and think you belong here? You dare come in here and insult mi esposa and get away with it? Your a fool Mariano!' I stalked closer to him and punched him square in the jaw. He landed on the floor with a groan. 'Don't ever come near mi Familia again, and especially not María' I move away from the so called "man" and look at mi familia. Most of them held proud gazes especially mi Mama and Papa. Isabela looked more thankful then anything as it was a reason to break off the engagement. I then turned to Abuela. She did not look happy. 'You chose a horrible suitor for mi primas hand Abuela'

After that sentence I ran. Ran like my life depended on it! I had to find María! Have too!. I came to a sudden stop at the sound of sobbing. I took a moment to catch my breath before looking around. I beamed. Our little spot.....I followed the sound of sobbing until I found María up against the truck of the blossom tree we always lean against with her arms around her legs, her body curled up into a little ball. I heart tightened at the sight. I slowly walked over making sure not to make any sudden movements so I don't startle her.

'Oh mi amor...' I say softly. Her heads springs from her legs. Her eyes widened and trued to wipe away her tears as fast as possible. I sighed. I slowly sat down next to her and slowly but surely pulled her into my lap. She looked up at me with a few tears still flowing down her cheek. I smile softly and wipe them with my thumb. She gives me a weak smile.

'I'm sorry Cami....I'm just being dramatic..' she says and looks away from me and wipes her tears again. I pull her chin back at me. I shake my head.

'No, you don't need to apologise, you did nothing wrong, he should have known better to set in Casita after what he had done to you' I place my forehead on hers.

'But-' she starts.

'No buts, you did absolutely nothing wrong mi vida! He did it and you got free! Dont try and defend him, your safe okay I promise' Her breathing slows a bit but she would hiccup every now and then. She gave me a sweet smile and that was all it took for me to lean in and give her a sweet but desperate kiss to her lips. She wraps her hands around my neck and mine tighten around her waist. We eventually have to pull away for air. Once they pulled away María had her smile again. The smile that I just adore, my familia love, the village love....

'There's the smile I love....'