Chapter 30

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Slap▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

I raced up to Antonio's room. Antonio in my arms as he giggled at my struggle. I lead Bruno up there and showed him inside. Mirabel not far behind. Bruno gawked at the room. His jaw to the floor. Mira and I burst out laughing. I placed Antonio at my feet yet he clung to my dress. We all walked up too Antonio's big tree house and once we reached it Mira, Antonio and I sat as Bruno spilled a jar of sand around us in a circle. He started to explain the process. I nodded along not necessarily paying attention.

'Alright let's beg-' He stopped mid-sentence.

'MIRABEL!? ANTONIO!? MARÍA!?' Pepa shouted from downstairs. I gulped and looked back at the group. I sighed slightly and stood to my feet, dusting off the dirt from my dress. The others watched curiously.

'I will occupy them while you figure out this prophecy' I explain.

'But we need yo-' Mirabel starts.

'Not me really, just something dear to me' I repeat Bruno's words. I then slowly reach for my necklace...mi Mama's favourite necklace........I open the clasp of the back and slowly catch it as it falls from my neck, I then carefully hand it over to Bruno. 'Please be careful with it.....it was mi Mama's' I explain softly. He nods. I smile at them and start to walk out. 'I will buy you guys as much time as possible, Antonio' I call. He looks over at me. 'Keep an eye on them for me' I wink at him. He giggles and nods as Bruno and Mirabel start to complain.

'Where are those guys!?' Pepa says mumbling to herself while a small thundering cloud appears over her head. I chuckle.

'Lo siento Pepa (I'm so sorry Pepa)' I say. She turns around with a furious look. I give a guilty look. 'I went to check up on Mirabel and Antonio before bed and we started talking and giggling, I am so sorry Pepa'

She sighs and her serious looks breaks and instead was a little smile on her face. 'Its fine María I was just concerned is all' she explains. I nod. I slowly see her thundering cloud vanish. 'Oh! I came to tell you Camilo is looking for you! He should be in his room!'

I nod again and start to rush up Casita's stairs that I just desended from. 'Gracias Pepa!'

'María!' Pepa calls out. I look down at her from Casita's inner balcony.

'Sí Pepa!'

'Gracias' she says. I raise a brown in confusion. 'Gracias for making Camilo smile again....' she says as a single tear left her cheek. I smile down at her.

'Anything for him Pepa' I say. Her smile broadens. She then waves me off.

'Go! Be gone! Go to you future esposo (husband)' she says.

I feel my cheeks burn red. I wave Pepa goodbye as I enter Camilo's dark room. It was hard to se anything much besides the faint outlines of certain things. I saw the figure of Camilo laying on his bed his chest breathing evenly. I slowly walk over to him making sure not to step on anything or hit anything. I sat down on the side of the bed making it dip a bit. I reach my hand out and push his silky curls away from his face. The crescent moon shone in the window and it revealed his features. His face that was covered in freckles his cute button nose his pink dusted cheeks.i smiled bright at him even if he couldn't see me. Suddenly his hand reached out and it landed on my waist then his arm yanked me down so I was laying down and face to face with Camilo. I felt my cheeks heat up even more. A sly smirk spread across his face. He then opened one eye slowly.

'Am I too handsome for you mi esposa' he mumbled in a raspy voice that made me weak at my knees.

'Maybe....' I mumble. He chuckles and pulls me even closer to him. My face buries into his chest and my arms wrap around his torso. He travels one arm to my lower back and the other stays around my middle. The one on my lower back traces circles around that area. I sigh in relief. 'Gracias esposo....'

(Time skip) (sorry)

'What is going on here!?'

A shouting voice woke both me and Camilo up with a start. I turn to him with wide eyes. I then quickly untangle myself from him and sprint out the door. My body crashes against Casita's inner balconies. I look down and see Mirabel and Isabel,covered in some sort of coloured powder. Idabela backed away and soon the whole Madrigal familia joined them. Camilo and I joined them too as we waited for and explanation that never came.

'What is wrong with you!!' Abuela shouts at Mirabel. Mirabel lowers her head. 'I don't know why you got a gift but that does not justify your reason to hurt this familia!!' She shouts louder. Mirabel is practically cowering back in fear of her Abuela. As Abuela shouts she raises her hand further and further into the air higher and higher. I gasped and ran.

I planted my feet infront of Mirabel. My whole body shielding the scared girl.

Abuela's hand came down but came in contact with my face.

I will never let her hurt them! I promised Antonio.