Your Eyes Tell

The rest of the week went just fine

The rest of the week went just fine. I became more comfortable with my new surroundings. I was finally getting the hang of knowing where everything should be. For the first few days, I would just open endless cabinet doors and Hobi would ask me what I was looking for. He would always drop what he was doing to help me. The man really was a saint.

Jimin visited again on Friday, he didn't bring booze this time. He just wanted to play some video games, which I delightfully took part in. We played endless rounds of 'Fall Guys' and I beat him almost every time. He would get so pouty each time he would lose.

To my surprise, Jimin didn't hit on me any. I guess he took Hoseok's words to heart. It made me feel a little less anxious, it felt back to normal. Like how it used to be, before Jimin caught feelings for me.

On Sunday, my mom came over to visit. She had never been to Hoseok's apartment before but now had a reason to. Hobi let her in without hesitation. She brought a giant dish of her famous enchiladas. She knew I had a soft spot for Mexican food. "Holy crap, these are better than restaurants!" Hobi would shout to my mom, and she would just beam with pride.

I was worried that my mom would be super lonely since I left. But she seemed fine, or at least she acted like it. I hoped that she was okay. My mom has been single for several years. She doesn't trust so easily anymore and has basically decided that being alone was better than being unhappy. She was a strong, independent woman. I wish I had taken a little more after her. I was weak and hopeless. I was always in people's ways. Stop. I'm the one I should love.

                Monday was here and today was my therapy session

Monday was here and today was my therapy session. To be honest, I was looking forward to it. I wondered where our session would take me this time. But that wasn't until later tonight. I had most of the day to do as I please. Hobi had to work so I was left alone. I thought about calling Jimin but then I remembered he picked up a shift for someone. Our coworker asked me first if I could cover her shift because she needed to go to a baby shower. But I remembered what Dr. Min said, and I told her I couldn't. I almost traded shifts and canceled my session. That's how high-functioning anxiety works. It makes you a people pleaser. It makes you put everyone before yourself.