The Last

After I left my therapy session, I felt lighter than feathers

After I left my therapy session, I felt lighter than feathers. Namjoon said I was cured. And maybe I was. It's not like this change happened over night. I had to keep a constant eye on how I thought and felt. I slowly tried to think positively. I did it so often that it eventually just came naturally.

I still struggled with self-love. I had loathed myself from very early in my life. I used to think I was worthless because my own father hated me and didn't want me. Something like that really messes up a kid.

These days when I look in the mirror, I didn't mind who I saw. I wouldn't say negative things about myself. I tolerated that person now. She was me and I was her. I would tell myself constantly that if someone as perfect as Yoongi loved me and found me beautiful, then it had to be true. So, I listened when he would compliment me, and I took it to heart.

There was one last person to share my news with. The person who would surely be the happiest about it.

I pulled into my old driveway and parked my car. My mom opened the front door when she heard me pull in. I get out of my car and greet her with a giant smile. "You're back from the beach! How was your trip?!" I hug her tightly. "It was perfect mom."

My mom walks inside her house, and I follow behind her. "Mom." She turned around. "Yoongi and I are engaged." I hold up my hand and her bottom lip quivers. She reaches out for me, and I step into her embrace. "I'm so happy honey." She tells me on the verge of tears.

"You two are perfect for each other. You lean on each other when it's necessary. If you had told me you'd be marrying someone this year, I wouldn't have believed you. But you've improved so much since you met Min Yoongi. I'll be glad to call him my son-in-law." I smile at her words, warm inside my mother's hug.

"You're finally the woman I knew you could be. You're not afraid to be yourself, you're not afraid to let someone love you. This was all I wanted when I signed you up for therapy. I just never imagined it would blossom into love. And real love. When we had our first dinner together months ago, I saw the way you looked at each other. When he looked at you it was like he was on the moon, and he was looking at his entire world. And when you looked at him, it's like you finally saw your life and your potential. Honey, I couldn't be happier."

I began to sob in my mom's arms. There's no one else I'd want to be proud of me more than my own mom. She was always proud of me, don't get me wrong. But this was different. I felt like I could achieve my potential. The potential she always saw in me.

                "Did you tell everyone?" Yoongi asks me as I step inside his house

"Did you tell everyone?" Yoongi asks me as I step inside his house. I laugh and nod. "Yeah! I even told random people I ran into. I told Namjoon's receptionist, and she gave me such an odd look." Yoongi chuckles.

Yoongi wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close. He brushes his lips lovingly against mine. "I missed you," He whispers, and it makes my heart race. "I was only gone for half a day." I say jokingly, full of laughter. Yoongi smiles, "Yes but I still missed you." I giggle.

"I missed you too. I miss you the minute we are apart." Yoongi places a sweet kiss on my forehead. "That's why I want you to have this." Yoongi takes my hand and places a key inside of it. I look up at him. "I want you to move in with me. I don't want us to be apart anymore. I don't want to wait until after the wedding."

I jump onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He holds me up with his arms and I smash my lips to his. "I'd love to!" I kiss him again, deeply. We both smile into the kiss.

Yoongi sets me back down and I give him a fake scowl. "I can't believe you're making me move again." Yoongi busts out laughing. "I'm sorry babe, it'll be the last move for a long time." I nod and grin. Then I reconnect our lips. I never grew tired of kissing him. My future husband.

My love for Yoongi didn't pop up overnight. When I first met him, I thought he was an arrogant ass. But I got to know him, I saw past his cold stare. I saw into his soul and how beautiful it was. I never felt so safe with someone before.

Sure, he looked intimidating sometimes. But that's part of his allure, I think. Deep down he's the most caring and sweetest person I've ever had the pleasure to meet. And I'm so lucky that I fell in love with him. I know my heart is safe with him. While he's by my side, I feel like I can do anything. Knowing I would attend college in a few weeks scared me, but with Yoongi beside me I knew I could do it. I believed I could.

I already knew what my first book I wanted write would be about. I would write from experience. I would write about a girl who had been abused for half of her life but manages to find love. Manages to find her other half and soon the sun shines brighter and her heart feels a little fuller.

Because that's how I feel. I finally feel like the sun is truly rising. I'm excited for my future. Honestly, I can't wait for tomorrow. I can't wait for the years to come. I can't wait to walk down the aisle and become Mrs. Dr. Min Yoongi.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The End.

I hope you liked this book.

I poured my soul into this one.

I wrote from experience.

Please star this chapter if you liked the book.

Thanks for reading!

Borahae.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-