Frozen in Time

"Well, I guess we won't go ice skating or to karaoke

"Well, I guess we won't go ice skating or to karaoke." I say and sound down about it. Yoongi pats me on the back. "That's okay, we will find other fun things to do." He encourages me. "Like what?" I turn fully to him, to see a wide smile on his face. "Let's make a snowman!"

Yoongi runs off and disappears, I stand there confused as to where he just went to. I can hear footsteps upstairs and then he rushes back down. A pile of clothes in his arms. He walks over to me and hands me a puffy jacket, a pair of gloves and a beanie. I bust out laughing harder at each article of clothing he gives me. "You're serious? We'll freeze to death!" Yoongi goes to grab his own jacket. "That's why we will drink hot chocolate by the fire when we come back in."

The smile spreads across my face. He seemed so excited; it was like he was a child again. Yoongi seemed determined for us to have a good time no matter the weather or situation.

Awkwardly, I put on his coat, it's a little big, but it's warm. I slide on a big pair of gloves and giggle about how the finger parts are longer than my own fingers. Yoongi giggles along with me as he slides his beanie down on my head. The beanie was the only thing that fit me normally. He looks at my complete outfit, grinning broadly. "Cute." I get shy and look away.

After pulling on some gloves for himself, he grabs my hand and we run outside into the icy air. Cold snowflakes fall and land on my face before dissolving due to my body heat. Watching Yoongi bend down and scoop up a handful of snow, I smile at the cute sight. He pats the snow into a small ball. "Okay, here's our snowman base." He says and sits it down in the snow and begins to roll it.

Mimicking the same actions and we are both rolling around balls of snow that get bigger as we go. Yoongi stops his snowball right by his porch. I roll my smaller one over to his and Yoongi picks it up and sits it on top of the first ball. We laugh at the cuteness of the snowman almost being done. "Time for the head." Yoongi explains and rolls up a smaller snowball this time.

Grinning as I watch him place the head on top of the snowman, it's almost complete, the snowman just needs a face. I scoop up some snow in my hands and sneak up behind Yoongi. I smirk deviously as I smash the cold ball of snow on the top of his head. "Hey!" He shouts and I take off running, giggling like crazy. He chases after me, we're both screaming and laughing. His neighbors probably think we are insane. Two adults running around in a blizzard when it's dark outside.

I run around his house and realize he's not behind me. I listen but I don't hear the sound of footsteps crunching in the snow. I run past the side of the house and to the front yard again. Yoongi surprises me, jumping out from behind bushes and grabs my waist, lifting my feet off the ground. "Gotcha!" He yells. I giggle like a mad woman and kick my legs.

Yoongi sits me back down on my feet and turns me around, he connects his hands behind my back, arms around my waist. He tilts his head and parts his lips, leaning in to kiss me. Our lips meet, he kisses me deeply. Our frozen noses colliding as I throw my arms around his neck moving our bodies closer together. I get lost in our kiss, our mouths moving in synchronization. The world dissolves around me like the snowflakes that land on our heads. All I'm able to focus on is the heartbeat in my ears and the tingling sensation on my lips.

In a daze, I feel sort of light-headed when he pulls away, smirking mildly. He chuckles as the world resumes around us. "Let's get that hot chocolate." He grabs my hand, and we trudge through the snow and go back into the house.

We kick off our boots at the door, leaving them there to thaw and melt. We hang our damp coats on the coatrack by the door. I take off the beanie and shove it in the coat pocket. Holly runs over to greet us again, then Yoongi pulls me towards the fireplace. I sit down in front of it, and he grabs a blanket from his couch and drapes it around my shoulders. I smile up at him. I hold up one end of the blanket, inviting him inside with me. Yoongi grins and sits down beside me, covering himself up with the other end of blanket. Holly lays down by his side. We stare at the roaring fire in front of us. The winter chill melting from our bodies.

 The winter chill melting from our bodies

"That was so fun. It felt like I was a kid again." He says, eyeing me from the side. I beam at him, my smile as bright as the fires that warm us. "Yeah, it was! We didn't give our snowman a face though." I explain and pout, Yoongi just chuckles. "We can give him one in the morning."

He stands up and Yoongi wanders off into the kitchen, leaving me alone in the blanket. I pull the warm cover around me tightly, smiling. If this was how our dates were going to be every time, it would be no time before I would fall hard for him. I was scared but thrilled at the same time. I was happy with the decision to stay here; I was having a blast with him. My face was hurting earlier from all the smiling and laughing I was doing.

Yoongi returns with two mugs of steaming hot chocolate, he hands me one. I grab it carefully and wrap my fingers around the warm cup. He clears his throat as he takes a sip from his mug. "I'm glad you stayed." He looks over at me and gives me a sincere smile. "Me too, I was just thinking the same thing," I confess to him.

"You really scared me that one night, when you were in psychosis." I look over at him. Pulling the cover from my shoulders, I was plenty warm now. "What is psychosis anyway?" He sighs, watching the crackling fire. "It's when a separation from reality occurs. You were dug so deep in that memory that you ceased to be present. People with PTSD usually encounter these situations." I take a sip of my hot cocoa, not knowing what to say. He probably thinks I'm nuts.

"That's when I knew I cared for you. I held you in my arms, trying to calm your tremors, I was terrified." Yoongi swallows heavily, remembering that night. "Your eyes were blank, almost as if you were asleep. I never want to see you go through that again." He reaches out for my hand, and I place mine in his. He laces our fingers together.