First Date

Dr

Dr. Iceberg:

I got it all covered. I'll pick you up at noon today.

Me:

Okay. Remember where I live?

Dr. Iceberg:

Yes, see you soon.

And there it is. I have a date and it wasn't too far off. I wonder what he meant by 'got it all covered.' Did he cancel appointments to be with me? That would be crazy irresponsible, right? I walk into the bathroom and step into the shower. I wash my body thoroughly and shave my legs. I don't go on many dates, never really did, but I wanted to wear this cute dress I have. So, I needed these legs shaven.

Styling my hair with some soft waves, I then apply some makeup. Nothing too dramatic. I always wore natural makeup, trying my best to work with the train wreck that was my face. Bold makeup would draw attention to myself, and I hate attention. I just want to fade into the background and not be noticed.

I slip on the dress over my head and pull it down. It's nothing special, just a flowery dress that hangs to my knees. I throw on a white cardigan to wear over it. Sliding my feet into these white wedges that would match, I always liked to appear taller than I was. I don't dress too extravagant either, for the same reason as earlier stated. I add some jewelry, some perfume and then I leave my room.

Hoseok whistles as I step out of my room. "Well, hello there! Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" I smile shyly and cover my face. Like I said, I hate attention. "I have a date with my thera- with Yoongi." He howls again, overly excited about the situation. "Ooohh, okay! Well, if he acts inappropriate you call me asap. I'll come get you." I laugh, yeah right. No one wants to act that way with me, I'm hideous.

My phone rings and I answer it. "I'm outside." The deep voice tells me through the speaker. "Okay." I hang up and give Hobi a nervous smile. "Guess I'm going. Pray for me." Hoseok laughs. "You don't need prayers honey. You need confidence. You're prettier and more amazing than you realize." He walks over to me and plants a soft kiss on my temple. "I love you Hobi." "And I you."

I head out the front door of the apartment complex instead of going to the garage like I usually do. As soon as I'm outside, I see Dr. Min leaning up against his sports car, waiting on me. His lips turn up in a tiny smile when he sees me. He looks too good; he's wearing a bomber jacket and black skinny jeans. This is the most informal I've seen him dress, it was nice.

"Hello," I say to him, not knowing what else to say or how to act

"Hello," I say to him, not knowing what else to say or how to act. I wanted to compliment his outfit, but I didn't know if that was too forward or not. "Hi, you look quite lovely." He says and gives me a grin. I can't help but try to fight the blush that lays on my cheeks. "You look nice too, I like seeing you in something other than a suit." Screw it, I already complimented him. He laughs a soft laugh. "Yeah, well I have to look the part. If I showed up to my sessions in pajamas no one would trust me." I laugh and nod, he had a point. He had to dress the part.

Dr. Min opens his door for me, and I step carefully into the bucket seat, trying to show everyone under my dress. He walks over to the other door and climbs into the driver seat. He turns on the car and the engine purrs. He turns on the heat immediately. "I don't want you to be cold." I smile at him. A dress in February was kind of stupid. I hope we're going indoors only.

"Thanks. So, what are we doing?" I look over at him, he just keeps his eyes on the road as he drives us to our location. "Well, are you hungry? Should we eat lunch first? Then we will go to the aquarium." I giggle a little bit. I can tell he threw this together last minute; I didn't give him much time to work with. "I am hungry, let's eat first." I grin at him, but he still doesn't look at me.

The car pulls up to this expensive looking restaurant. I get nervous just looking at it. It seems like one of those places I would definitely have to watch my manners and sit up straight. I wondered if he was trying to impress me by taking me somewhere fancy.

Yoongi steps out of the car and opens my door next. I step out, a little wobbly. Damn, I haven't wore heels for a while, this might be interesting. We walk into the restaurant, and I was proven right once we are inside. It's decorated like Italy; this must be an Italian restaurant. "Two for Mr. Min." He says to the hostess, and she walks us to a table. The table is so tiny, why is it that the nicer the restaurant the tinier the table?

Our waiter comes and delivers the menus. After some looking around, I just got a grilled chicken salad and Yoongi ordered steak and alfredo noodles. The waiter took our menus back and asked if we wanted wine. Yoongi shook his head. "I'll have a glass," I tell the waiter, I wanted to calm my nerves.

I'm just looking around, taking in the lovely crown molding, the string lights wrapped around the pillars, the gorgeous paintings of Italy and Venice. I look back at Yoongi now, who's eyes are on me. "How did you get out of work?" I ask him, I was genuinely curious. "I only had two patients scheduled today, I sent them to a good friend of mine, a psychiatrist I can trust, his name is Namjoon."

"Did you tell them a reason?" I ask and Yoongi chuckles softly. "I told them I had a stomach bug." I laugh, he smiles at my reaction. "You played hooky?" He laughs, his shoulders bounce up and down as he does. That smile was on full display, I usually never see him smile that big. His smile was so adorable and contagious, I couldn't help but smile as well.

"I suppose I did. Don't tell anyone." He jokes and holds a finger to his lips. I stare at his lips once he removes his finger. He had such perfect lips, perfectly proportioned. "I won't." I smile at him. The waiter returns and pours Yoongi some ice water and gives me a wine glass and fills it halfway. I take a sip after he leaves. It's delicious.