Secret Admirer Revealed

I practically skip back into work

I practically skip back into work. My mood high like the moon. I have this ridiculous smile on my face and Jimin notices it almost instantly. "Wow, you...what happened to you." I giggle and blush, hiding face into my hoodie sleeve. "Nooothing," I'm singing the word to him. Jimin rolls his eyes and huffs, crossing his arms. "Did he kiss you?" I look over at him, his posture is defensive. "Do you really want to know Jiminie?" He turns his eyes to the floor. "Not really," he mumbles.

Treating every customer from that point like gold, I was flying high. The happier I seemed, the more jealous Jimin seemed to become. I was worried about it. I haven't dated anyone since I knew him, so I didn't know how he was going to take this. It certainly doesn't help matters that it's going quite well. The next customer coming up to the counter, I recognize. It's that one younger guy, the one with the lip ring and tattoos. 

He gives me a shy smile as he places his hands on the counter. "Hi again, do you want the usual?" He shakes his head. His eyes dart around everywhere, his shoulders slump a little bit. "I came to see...if..." he clears his throat. "If you liked the flowers." My eyes go wide. So, he's the one who bought me a bouquet of roses. I smile at him. "I did, they were lovely."

Jimin scoffs over there by the coffee station. I hear him mumble something but couldn't make it out. The younger boy in front of me looks around to make sure no one is behind me. "Are you dating anyone? If not, Valentine's Day is next week and..." I give him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I'm already going on a date on V-day." Jimin's head snaps in my direction, I try to ignore it.

The younger boy drops his shoulders further. "Is it serious?" I shrug lightly. "I don't know yet, maybe." I try to whisper the last word, but I think Jimin heard it anyway. "What's your name?" I finally ask him; I didn't know what to call him. "Jungkook." I take my phone out of my pocket and type that name into my contacts. "Give me your number Jungkook, if anything falls through, I'll text you." He gives me the sweetest, hopeful smile and tells me his number. I can see Jimin throw his arms into the air in my peripheral vision. "Let's just date everyone but me!" He huffs out and goes into the back room.

                I reach inside the display case and pull out a fresh chocolate donut

I reach inside the display case and pull out a fresh chocolate donut. "Here, it's on me, since you're so sweet." Jungkook grins at me and takes the donut. "Thanks! You're such a nice person." I sigh, if only that were true. Really, I'm just a people pleaser. He looked so sad, with those puppy dog eyes, I just wanted him to smile again. Jungkook waves bye to me and leaves the building.

Standing alone now, I wonder if I should go check on Jimin. If he's as angry as that one time, I don't want to be anywhere near that. Maybe I'll give him some space. I hear my phone ding and I look at it.

Yoongi:

I'm back home now, how's the rest of your day going?

Me:

It's going just fine.

No customers have yelled at me.

Yoongi:

That's always a plus.

Tell me when I can see you again.

Me:

Hehe, you know where I work and where I live.

Yoongi:

Yes, I do. :)

I was grinning like a fool; it was nice to hear from him. Jimin comes out and sees me like that. "Oh, for fucks sake, I can't escape it!" I look over at him shocked and he looks pissed. "Do you have to rub your happiness in my face?! You ever think about how that makes me feel?!" He's yelling at me, and I try to shrink down, my heart starts beating hard. He watches me, and it wipes the anger off his face. He steps towards me with his hands out and I take a step back.

"I'd never hurt you! You've got to know that!" I shove my phone in my pocket and grab my purse. "I-I'm going to go home early." I run towards the door to leave. "What?! You're running away from me now?" I run down the steps and go over to my car. My hands are shaky as I try to unlock my door. I jump into my car and lock the door as soon as the door shuts. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to calm my heartbeat.

Of course, I knew Jimin wouldn't hurt me. But how certain things trigger my PTSD, I can't help that. Anytime someone yells or slams something, I flinch and have the instinct to hide or run. I turn my car on and decide to just go home. I needed my safe place, my Hobi Haven.

 I needed my safe place, my Hobi Haven