Snowfall

This keeps happening

This keeps happening. Dr. Min would come in two more days while I was working. He would order the same black plain coffee like some psychopath. Who drinks plain coffee? He would ask to speak to me again and I'd treat him with the same distain. This was really getting under my skin. I wanted to forget he existed. I wanted to never see him again. I never wanted to see that cute face ever again.

When I saw him coming in again, I signaled for Jimin to pour the black coffee to get him out of here faster. "$2.50" I say before he even fully steps up to the counter. He taps his card on the card reader. He just stares at me as I hand him his coffee cup. "Bye." I say full of contempt. The corner of his mouth twitches and he walks away and leaves the coffee shop.

"You're being so rude to him, why does he keep coming in?" Jimin asks, his guess was as good as mine. "I don't know! It's weird."

A few more customers step up and I take care of them. "It's coming down out there," a customer pointed out and I looked out the window. It was pouring big flakes of snow. Great. I sigh aggravated. I look over at Jimin. "I hope it stops soon; I don't want to have to drive home in that at 10 at night!" Jimin nods. He bumps his hip into mine. "I'll take you home if it gets bad." I smile at him. He was always such an angel.

The day went on as it usually does. I finally forgot about my earlier encounter with Dr. Min. Jimin was being so goofy today that it improved my day instantly. He would spray some whipped cream on his face and pretend to be Santa Claus. "Have you been a good girl this year?" He asked in a fake deep voice, I bust out laughing. "You're a little late Santa, it's February now!" Jimin laughs and wipes off the whipped cream with a finger and then eats it.

That cute younger boy came in again today. He ordered the Vanilla Bean Cappuccino again; he must have really liked it. "Thanks for sticking up for me the other day, that was really nice." He gave me that sweet smile and I couldn't help but smile back. His voice was so sweet, it was almost like honey and extremely soothing for some reason. "No problem, I don't take disrespect well." He laughs a little. He pays for his coffee and leaves another large tip. He sure was nice, I was starting to wonder what his story was.

As the night went on, the snow kept coming down. We had several inches of snow by now, it was nine at night and I was getting worried. "You might have to take me home, but you can stay with us." I tell Jimin as I watch the snow lightly flow downward around a streetlight. "That's okay, I don't mind."

'But First, Coffee' didn't have many customers at night, just doctors and nurses that worked night shift and the occasional trucker. We had even less traffic since it began to snow. I was getting anxious as it got closer to ten at night, when Jimin and I could finally clock out.

It was five till ten now and Jimin grabbed his coat and then handed me mine. "Okay, let's get out of here." I say and Jimin walks beside me as we head out of the front doors.

The night is silent as the snow gently falls from the dark sky. It's always so peaceful when it snows. Snow absorbs sound so that just makes it seem much more majestic.

Jimin and I walk down the steps and I stop when I hear someone call my name. I look to the side, and I see Dr. Min standing there. His hands are stuffed in the pockets of a jacket, there is snow covering his shoulders and even some landing on top of his head before melting. It seems he has been standing there for a bit. Was he waiting for me?

"Yes?" I answer, my attitude isn't activated yet, I'm thrown off that he's just standing outside in this freezing weather. "M-may we please talk?" He asks, his jaw shaking, he was freezing! I run over to him; I see that his lips are pale. How long has he been out here?

"Jimin, go start the car." I instruct him, he walks over to his car and leaves us alone. "Why are you standing out here in the freezing cold?!" I was too upset about the situation to be mad at him. He had to be frozen  "I-I was waiting for you." My mouth hangs open.

"Can't we talk in your car or something? You need to be somewhere warm!" He smiles slightly and nods. I follow him as he walks the opposite direction of where Jimin went. We come to his car, and he presses the remote start, and the car engine roars.

I crawl into the bucket seat and try to find where the heat knob is and then turn it up. The air ducks spew out warm air. Dr. Min sits down in the driver seat, I can see him shaking. I feel so sorry for him, why did he do this?

"Give me your hands." I demand and he holds out his shaking hands, I try to cover them with mine best I can. But his hands are too big. His skin is ice cold. I rub my hands together with each of his, trying to create friction and warmth.

"Even though you're angry with me, you're still caring." Dr. Min says softly. I look up at him and I can see the pink tint coming back to his face and lips. I'm angry for a different reason now. "Are you trying to get hypothermia?! For someone so smart, that was stupid!" I was reprimanding him. He gave me a smirk. "It got you to talk to me though, didn't it?" My mouth falls open. He pulled this stunt to get my attention. What the actual hell.

"What the hell is the matter with you Dr. Min?" I'm demanding answers at this point. "Call me Yoongi." I shake my head. "Okay, Yoongi, talk!" 

 "Okay, Yoongi, talk!"