Valentine's Day

Today is the saddest holiday of the year for single people

Today is the saddest holiday of the year for single people. The day that boosts jewelry, restaurants, and chocolate sales. Personally, I hate this holiday. I didn't think if you really loved someone that you need to specifically show them on this day. If you truly loved someone, you should show it daily, in small ways. This holiday forces affection and therefore it's fake. Maybe I was salty because I rarely had a date for this day. But this year I did.

Yoongi hadn't really told me any plans. I was just supposed to be at his house 5pm. This would be the first time in like three years that I had actual plans for the holiday. If you can call it a holiday. Jimin had a date, he usually did. Women and even men would throw themselves at him, not that I blamed them. The man was stunning.

"I have a date with this bottle of whiskey." Hoseok told me as I showed off my outfit to him. "You're wearing red." He laughs. I pout angerly. "Does this look bad? Is this corny?" I was wearing a blood red scooped neck sweater with skinny jeans and some black boots. I didn't know what to wear, this whole thing was new to me.

Hoseok stands up and wobbles over to me, he started his drink date early. "No, you look nice. Just wear a coat, it's supposed to snow." I roll my eyes. "Okay mom." Hobi laughs and then hick-ups. "Make sure you drink some water with all that whiskey." I warn him and he shakes his hand at me, "I know, I know. Go ahead and leave, you'll be late." I give him one last hug before putting on my coat like he asked and leave the apartment.

When I reach my car, I climb inside. I'm starting to get nervous. I didn't know what to expect and the unexpected frightens me. I'm someone that likes to plan and know how everything will happen. Hoseok would always choose me to plan trips because he knew nothing would go wrong or be forgotten if I did it. I turn on my car and leave the garage. I follow the GPS address on my phone.

"Your destination will be on the right." I hear the GPS voice tell me and I look around. It's getting dark and the snow already started. This neighborhood is quite nice, but what did I expect? He's got to be loaded. "Your destination is on the right." I brake and look to the right. 613, Yep, those are the numbers he told me. I pull into his driveway and look at the house. It's a small, modern style house. It's quite lovely, there are three floors it looks like.

                The front door opens and light spills out

The front door opens and light spills out. Yoongi is standing in the doorway, awaiting me. I turn off my car and gather my things. I step out of my car and walk up the stairs and up to him. "Hey." He says smiling. "Hi." I answer. He kisses my cheek gently before letting me into his house. "Happy Valentine's Day." I grin. "You too." I get a good look at him and chuckle. "We match again!" Yoongi looks down at his outfit and then laughs. He was wearing a red blazer over a white turtleneck. He looked very handsome and distinguished.

                "So we do

"So we do. I planned this." He says laughing and I tell him I don't believe him. I hear yapping and it seems to be getting closer. I watch as this tiny, brown curly haired poodle runs over to my feet and starts sniffing. He jumps up on my legs and is barking excitedly. "Holly, down." Yoongi commands and he sits on his butt but keeps wagging his little tail.

I crouch down to him and am all smiles. "Meet Holly." He says and I shake his little paw. He was the cutest little poodle. He almost didn't look real, that is until he started moving. He's very friendly. I pick him up and he licks my face, I can't help but giggle. "Hi Holly! Nice to meet you." I coo at him, talking in this ridiculous baby voice. Yoongi just cackles. I sit Holly back down; he barks at me.

Following Yoongi further into the house, I glance around at the place. It's tastefully decorated, it doesn't look like a man lives here. There's a large kitchen, a dining table beside it and adjacent from the kitchen is a living room that houses a roaring fire. "On this floor is the kitchen, dining room, living room, and first bathroom. The second floor are two bedrooms and another bathroom as well as the laundry room. At the third floor is my study." He points around and I follow his direction.

"Your house is lovely." He smiles. "Thanks, it took a lot of decorating to get it to look as nice as I pictured it." I gasp and hold my hand over my mouth. "You decorated?" Yoongi rubs the back of his neck, not feeling masculine. "Yeah," he says sheepishly and I just grin. "You're very talented! If I get my own house, I'm going to hire you." He laughs, his shoulders cutely shaking.

"So, what are the plans? You've told me nothing." Yoongi smiles. "I'm going to make you dinner, then we will go ice skating and finish with a karaoke competition." I beam brightly. That sounded absolutely perfect and so fun. "Great! I can't wait!"

Yoongi grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together and pulls me into his kitchen. I can already smell something he had been cooking. He opens the oven and we both lean down to look inside. "We are having braised short ribs, side salads, garlic mashed potatoes and some yeast rolls." I felt my stomach growl. I might have to marry this man, he seemed too perfect.

"That sounds heavenly." Yoongi grins and turns to face me. He leans in and kisses me the softest, sweetest kiss. I can't help but smile against his lips. "Ah! And I can't forget." He runs off into another room and I'm just left there standing awkwardly. Not knowing if I'm supposed to follow him or not. Soon he comes back, holding something behind his back and sporting the cutest gummy smile. I can see flowers peeking out from behind his small frame. He pulls out beautiful tiger lilies in a vase as well as a box of chocolates.

He hands them to me, and I blush deeply. This was all too sweet. "Thank you so much, but I didn't get you anything." I say, ashamed. He smirks, unfazed. "Your company is enough."