People

Alarms are too loud

Alarms are too loud. I've drank myself to sleep the last three nights. Unhealthy, I know. But I needed to drown out the thoughts. I had to sedate my brain, if I didn't, it would spiral out of control. My negative thoughts would take over me completely and I might fall into a depression.

I feel movement beside me and I rip my eyes open and look to my left. Jimin is sleeping in my bed! I sort of scream, startled by the fact he was there. I didn't remember that happening last night. Jimin jolts awake by my shouting. I lift up my covers and look down, both of our bodies are still clothed, I sigh, relieved.

Jimin is rubbing his eyes, half of his hair sticking straight up from how he was sleeping. "Did you just check to see if we slept together?" I laugh and cover my face, god why did he have to notice that. "I guess?" Jimin laughs and slaps me across the shoulder. "Do you really think I'd take advantage of a drunk woman?" I shrugged and he slapped me again. He wasn't hitting hard so I just found it funny.

"Shit Jiminie! It's noon! We have to be at work soon!" I jump out of bed and go running towards my bathroom to take a lightning-fast shower. Jimin hears the water start pouring. "Can I join you?" He asks jokingly, laughing as he does. "NO!" I scream from inside the bathroom. I can hear him cackling from the other room.

                "Here's your caramel macchiato with extra caramel ma'am

"Here's your caramel macchiato with extra caramel ma'am." I hand the warm Styrofoam cup to the lady. She thanks me and leaves. The next person steps up. "I want a..." his mouth hangs open. I stare at him, he's gorgeous. He has a lip piercing and one of his arms in covered in tattoos. He has the blankest look in his doe-like eyes as he stares at the menu. He's obviously a new customer.

                "Might I suggest something?" He locks eyes with me, and I about lose my breath

"Might I suggest something?" He locks eyes with me, and I about lose my breath. He was so handsome. He looked younger than me though. He gives me a tiny nod. "Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla?" He closes one eye and thinks about it hard. "Vanilla." I point up at the menu. "How about the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino then?" He raises his eyebrows and smiles. Ugh, what a perfect smile he has as well. "That sounds delicious! Can I get a large order of that please?"

I nod and punch in the order as Jimin begins to make it. We both stand there awkwardly as we wait for Jimin to be done. The boy in front of me just smiles. There's an older lady behind him that's getting disgruntled. A 'Karen' no doubt. "What's taking so long? It never takes this long to get my coffee." She shouts out, her face displeased. I couldn't care less honestly. "Ma'am, he's a new customer, he didn't know what he wanted, be respectful."

She scoffs, annoyed and insulted. "Well, I never!" I roll my eyes to the cute boy in front of me. Jimin hands him his coffee and he gifts us the cutest smile. He shoves a large tip in our jar and waves to us. "Have a wonderful day," I give him a sweet smile before he leaves.

The rude lady steps up next. "I want a large latte with extra whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a few pumps of chocolate syrup. I put the order in, not even acknowledging her existence. She was rude to that cute, sweet boy, and I don't like that kind of disrespect.

Jimin was put off by her as well because he sloppily put her coffee together. There was chocolate syrup running down the side of the cup, he set it on the counter instead of handing it to her. She grunted, paid and then stepped away.

I look over at Jimin and roll my eyes and mouth the words 'oh my god.' He grins and nods. Then he sees who steps up next to the counter and his smile disappeared. "If you treat all your customers like that you'll surely get fired." My heart stops, I know that deep voice. I'm afraid to look at him. But finally, I do.

"Dr. Min." I spit out the name. Just seeing him angered me. His eyes meet mine. They are back to looking cold and icy. "I just want a black coffee." He says emotionless, and I tap on the screen agitated. Why is he here? Out of all the coffee shops in this city, he had to come to mine. As Jimin pours the coffee, I can feel Dr. Min staring me down. I look up at him.

"I think we should talk." He says quietly and I'm instantly annoyed. "What's there to talk about? Nothing, that's what." I don't give him a chance to answer my question. He opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him. "That'll be $2.50." Jimin lays down the coffee. Dr. Min pays tapping his card to the card reader. "You're choosing to be stubborn then?" My ex-therapist asks me, and I scoff. "And you're choosing to be an asshole?" His eyes go wide for a moment, then he picks up his coffee and leaves.

The afternoon rush ends, and I can finally take my lunch. I slam around my container of food; my day was ruined again. Dr. Min sure had a good way of doing that lately. He had the nerve to show his face in this coffee shop and even more nerve to say we needed to talk. I laugh out loud about the audacity of that man.

"What?" Jimin looks over at me, confused as to why I just randomly laughed. "Nothing, just laughing at that stupid ass. Who does he think he is?" Jimin just shrugs. I eat my lunch angrily. This is how the rest of my day goes.

 This is how the rest of my day goes