Fast Forward

"It's our last night here

"It's our last night here." I frown at Yoongi. We would have to leave the beach tomorrow and it broke my heart. This entire week has been nothing but heaven. "I know, I'm really sad about it." Yoongi admits, laughing slightly. He had told me he didn't care much for the beach. But I think that changed when he spent time with me here.

All the restaurants here were amazing, I felt like we both gained a few pounds for how amazingly we ate while on vacation. We ate ice cream almost every evening on the balcony of our condo that overlooked the ocean.

Even several months later, Yoongi and I could hardly keep our hands off each other. We would make love almost every night with the sounds of the crashing waves flowing through an open window. Nothing felt more perfect in this world than the man I love holding me closely as we would sleep afterwards.

"Our dinner reservation is soon, so we better get going." Yoongi tells me, bringing me back to reality. I was daydreaming about how perfectly our trip together has gone. My heart truly broke that it was over. "Okay, let's go." I grab his hand and we exit our condo.

The destination was within walking distance, so we strolled towards the docks. Once we got closer, I noticed that there wasn't a restaurant here. I looked around and saw nothing but boats and the boardwalk.

"Yoongi baby, this isn't the restaurant." He laughs and nods. "Correct. We will be eating on that boat." He points over to a large yacht that's smothered in beautiful string lights. It was shining even against the sunset, the twinkling lights reflecting on the water below the boat.

I jumped up and down, so excited. "Really?! This will be amazing!" I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. He chuckles in my ear and kisses my cheek.

Basically running over to the boat, Yoongi walks slowly behind me. There's a crewman wearing a host outfit that greets us warmly. "Good evening! Please follow me to your table and we will set sail." I look over at Yoongi. "We're going to sail while we eat?" He smiles and nods.

We are seated at beautiful table at the end of the boat. It's covered in a white tablecloth and a huge bouquet of roses sit in the middle of the table. Yoongi reaches his hand out and I place my hand in his. This is something we have done ever since we started dating. When we would eat, we would hold hands the entire time. It was a simple gesture, but I completely loved it. It's like he was proud of me, and I was proud of him.

The waiter brings us our food, the plates are covered in silver dome-like containers. The waiter pulls off the top and reveals a delicious surf and turf meal. There's lobster tail, steak, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. My mouth immediately waters at the sight.

Once the waiter leaves our table, I lean forward and whisper to Yoongi. "I've never had lobster before!" I was excited to try it. I've heard it's super soft and tender and delicious. "I think you'll like it. It doesn't taste fishy at all." I smile, happy that he remembered me saying so long ago that I hated fish. "Okay, I trust you!" I take a small bite and basically moan at the tender texture and buttery flavor. Yoongi smirks. "Don't make sounds like that." I giggle.

"But it's so delicious!" He grins and digs into his food as well. The whole meal was perfection. The steak was cooked to perfection, the lobster may be my new favorite thing, the potatoes and vegetables were great as well.

I swallow the last of my red wine that previously filled my wine glass and smile as I look across the ocean we are sailing against. Suddenly instead of just waves I hear a quiet guitar playing in the distance somewhere on the boat. It sounds so beautiful by itself.

Yoongi takes my hand and leads me to the top of the yacht. We stand on the balcony and have a better view of a breathtaking sunset. The ocean water glistened a gold orange hue as the sun was about to dive into the water.

"This is so stunning." I whisper and Yoongi back hugs me, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly. The last night was perfect. I've been using that word a lot, but it describes my life with Yoongi just right. The dark orange orb was dipping into the ocean waves and the strumming guitar in the background put my mind, body, and soul as such peace.

I didn't think I could be happier.