Distance

The rest of my workday flew by

The rest of my workday flew by. I had so much to think about. Yoongi was officially my boyfriend now and I can't explain how happy that makes me. He recommended me to Dr. Kim Namjoon, and I wasn't sure about that, I would look into him when I get home. And then I have to dress formally and attend some fancy dinner as Yoongi wins yet another award for his work.

Yoongi must have gotten busy to throw all this together. He was still trying to help me, and I appreciated that so much. He didn't give up on me like I originally thought. Now that I think about it more clearly, he was so sweet about everything. I was such a jerk to him in the beginning. I thought he dropped me as a patient for a selfish reason. But now I couldn't be happier that it happened.

"Must you be smiling so cheesy all day?" Jimin asks me out of nowhere and I'm brought back into reality. "Oh, sorry." I say and shake my head. I didn't realize I was smiling. I guess that was the new boyfriend effect.

"Try not to suck face in front of me either." I look over at Jimin, who's giving me another scowl. I didn't like his attitude. He has been giving me one since I came back in from outside with Yoongi. "Why don't you shut the fuck up?!" I yell at him and Jimin's eyes go wide. "Excuse me?" He asks, becoming defensive.

"I'm happy and you can't stand that? Well maybe we shouldn't be friends then. I'm leaving early." I rip off my apron and throw it on the counter. I've had enough of him. He was speechless, he didn't say anything as he watched me storm out of the coffee shop.

I felt guilty immediately after I left the coffee shop

I felt guilty immediately after I left the coffee shop. Jimin was just jealous, I know that. But if he was going to act like this the entire time I dated Yoongi, then that would be a problem. I know he just wanted me to be with him. He doesn't understand why I can't be happy with him; I get that. But being rude about me smiling or kissing my boyfriend was pushing it for me. I decided I would take a break from Jimin for a bit. I'd switch some shifts with people. Maybe he'll come to his senses.

I know I shouldn't have been so rude to him, but he was being selfish. Why couldn't I be happy with someone else? What's so bad about that? If he couldn't see through his own needs to care about mine, then maybe we aren't the right type of friends. And that realization hurt more than his words.

Bringing me back to reality, I hear Hoseok unlocking the apartment door. I battled with myself over whether or not I should tell him. I'm afraid that if Hoseok gets angry with Jimin one more time then that would be the end. But maybe this was the end.

"Hi Hobi." I say quietly from the couch, he looks surprised at me. "You're home early." I nod and am about to speak but my phone starts ringing. I look at it on the coffee table, Jimin's face appears on the screen. I immediately swipe the screen and deny the call. Hoseok looks at me. "Who was that?" I shrug. "No one." He looks over to me, giving me a mischievous smile. "No, don't lie to me. I saw a contact photo." I let out a loud sigh. Here we go.

"Fine, it was Jimin." Hoseok hangs his coat by the door and walks over to me. "Why are you ignoring Jimin?" I shrug and avert my eyes. Maybe he'd drop it. "Was he an asshole again?" Nope, he didn't drop it. I sigh again, standing up. "Yoongi asked me to be his girlfriend. He also gave me this necklace." I hold up the cute snowman necklace and Hobi giggles like a schoolgirl. "Aww!! That's so cute!" He hugs me tightly. "I'm so happy you're happy." I smile as the air is being squeezed out of me.

"Well, I guess after that I was smiling like an idiot and Jimin was offended by that. Apparently, he saw us kissing too." Hoseok releases me and his eyebrows drop. Uh oh. "He's jealous that you're happy?! What kind of-" "Hooobi." I warn him. He holds up his hands.

"I went off on him after he told me not to 'suck face' in front of him. I told him if he had such a problem with it then maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore." I say the last words quietly, regretting them once more. Maybe I was too harsh to him. "Good! I like this side of you. You're standing up for yourself. If Dr. Min Yoongi brings more of this out, then I definitely support you two." Hoseok smacks my back and I give him a small smile.

He was right, I didn't notice it before. I am sticking up for myself, something I rarely did. Anytime someone was angry with me, whether it was justified or not, I would just apologize. I'm such a people pleaser than I couldn't stand the thought of someone being angry with me. But with Jimin just now I told him how I really felt and that was new to me. Even if I did feel a ton of guilt afterwards, I still stood my ground.

"I plan to ignore him for about a week. I'm going to switch my shifts with people at work." Hoseok walks into the kitchen and gets ready to make some dinner. "Good idea. Maybe he needs a taste of life without you to remind him why he wants you in his life to begin with." I nod, agreeing and sit at the bar. "What's cooking good looking?" Hobi winks at me. "I'm going to make braised chicken and sugar glazed potatoes."