Black and White

We've been digging into our food, my salad was perfect, no cheap white lettuce was in it

We've been digging into our food, my salad was perfect, no cheap white lettuce was in it. The chicken was super tender. Yoongi seemed to enjoy his steak. He cut a corner off and held his fork towards me. "It's delicious, try a piece." I look at the piece of steak and then lean forward. I pull it off the fork with my teeth and begin to chew it. "Wow that is amazing." He grins.

Yoongi lays his hand open on the table outstretched to me, I look at it. I place my hand in his and he holds my fingers his hand on the table. We ate like this; it was kind of sweet. "What puts you off immediately about a guy when you date?" I wipe my mouth on my napkin that the waiter laid in my lap. "Hmm." I think about it for a moment. "I'd say when a guy moves things too quickly." Yoongi's eyes snap to our held hands, and I see him looking. I laugh slightly. "No, this is fine, I mean, with sex." I whisper the last word and he chuckles at me.

"Understandable. Some people skip the friendship phase of the relationship, but honestly it's my favorite part." I smile as he finishes speaking. What a cute way to look at the beginning of relationships. Where you're just getting to know someone. You're trying to see if you click and can stand to be around each other, you're mostly like friends, with an attraction.

"What about you? What do you dislike about first dates?" Yoongi lays down his fork and leans in a little. "I hate the small talk. Is it really important to know what someone's favorite color is? Or is it more important to know what their hopes and dreams are." I stare into his eyes and just smile. This guy is deep. I decide to tease him a little.

"Well, my favorite color is purple." He laughs, that smile on display again, it did something strange to my heart. "I'll remember that" he says in between laughs. We finished our food, and the waiter takes the plates away. He returns with the check book; he lays it in front of Yoongi. "I dislike that also, that the guy is always expected to pay." I tell him and he looks up at me as he signs his name on the receipt. "I think it should be equal. How about I get the next one?" He gives me a grin. "Maybe, but if I ask you on the date, I believe it's implied that I intend to pay." I shrug, "Okay, I won't argue about a free meal." He laughs.

After Yoongi finishes paying, we're back in his car. He blasts the heat; he can see I'm shivering. "Would you like my jacket?" I shake my head. "No, it's okay, it'll be warm in here soon." He sits up in his seat and takes off his jacket anyway and drapes it over my shoulders. I smile at him. It's still warm from his body heat and I can't help but notice it smells amazing. "Thank you," I say softly, and he pulls onto the road.

"You're awfully young for a doctor." I say to him, to kill the silence. "I suppose I am, I went straight to college out of school." I frown to myself; I wish I had done that. "Why did you want to be a psychiatrist?" I stare at his profile as he drives. "I wanted to be able to help my friends and give good advice." I laugh a little. That's such a sweet reason to pursue that career. 

"In another life, I would have liked to write songs and be a rapper." I widen my eyes at him. "Really? You don't look like a rapper." He smiles. "Looks can be deceiving." He was right about that. On the outside, he seems cold and heartless, but the longer I am around him, the more I see that isn't the case. He's quite caring.

Parking in a spot in the parking lot, Yoongi turns off the engine. "Have you ever been here?" I shake my head. "Nope, but I've always wanted to go." He grins. "Let's go then." He steps out of the car and so do I. I take off his jacket and hand it back to him, he looked cold with his hands shoved in his pockets. My phone dings as he puts it back on.

Jiminie:

You're not murdered yet, are you?

Me:

No, so hush.

I put my phone on mute and follow behind Yoongi who heads through the front door of the aquarium. He holds up a QR code on his phone to the cashier. She scans it and hands up our tickets. "Head in and turn right, then go straight through two doors." She instructs us and Yoongi holds open the door for me. We walk inside and I can hear an announcement being made. "The penguin feeding with begin in 15 minutes." Yoongi places his hand gently on my lower back and gestures for me to walk. "That's us." I snap my head over to look at him. He chuckles at my confused face. "We're going to feed penguins." The smile that spreads across my face tells him he made the right decision.

We are standing side by side inside this tank environment with about twenty other people. The instructors are talking about the penguins and their lifestyle. They walk by us and hand out these tiny fishes. I hold onto the tail of the fish with only my thumb and middle finger, grossed out by the cold texture. Yoongi sees my face and laughs.

"Okay! Let them in!" An instructor yells and they open this door that's hidden in the rocks of the environment. Cute little birds in black and white waddle towards us, their wings stuck straight out for balance. "These are called Adelie Penguins."

I watch as Yoongi bends down and holds out the fish, a penguin comes waddling over to him at full speed. "Hey little buddy," Yoongi says to the penguin, in a higher voice, it was so cute. The penguin grabs the fish from his hands and swallows it whole. Yoongi pets his head lightly. "There you go little buddy, I bet that was good." My heart is about to burst, I couldn't take my eyes away from the cute scene.

I hear this weird high pitch honking sound and I look down, there's a penguin yelling at me. I bend down and hold out the fish for him. He pulls it with his beak and swallows it. I giggle as he scarfs it down. I try to pet his head like Yoongi did but he honks and snaps at my hand. I yank my hand away and hold it protectively against my chest. I hear Yoongi's breathy laugh and look over at him. He's smiling so wide. "Mine is nicer than yours." He boasts and I give him a fake scowl.