XII. ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪɴɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ʟᴏss

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑡 𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑤𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑎𝑦

❝𝑎𝑛𝑑
𝑖𝑡 𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤
𝑤𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑟𝑢𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑡
𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑎𝑦.❞︎

─︎ ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑦𝑙𝑒𝑠 ♡︎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

To say the father was concerned was a tremendous understatement. When he told Madeline she could go out, he didn't know she would get into this much trouble. A part of the history teacher blamed himself for not refusing, but the logical part of him knew it was impossible to know what would have happened. The feeling of not knowing whether his kid was alive or dead rendered him impatient and hastily preparing.

"Teacher and student by day. Vampire hunters by night." Damon commented as Alaric displayed his weapons on the table.

"We have you to thank for that," Alaric retorted bitterly as Elena admired the assortment of blades and stakes.

"What are these?" Elena questioned, pointing to a more sophisticated weapon.

"Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain," Alaric answered, looking up the doppelganger and vampire. "It's one of Madeline's favorites."

"Just get me in. I'll get the two of them out." Damon ordered, clearly not having thought out the strategy.

"That's your plan?" Elena questioned, looking back and forth at the two males. "You're just gonna take them all on yourself?"

"I plan to be sneakier than that," Damon remarked as Elena snatched one of the weapons.

"What are you doing?" Alaric asked, gently removing the weapon from the brunette's hand.

"Well, I'm going with you guys," Elena explained, furrowing her brows in confusion. "You need me. You can distract them while I get Stefan and Madeline out."

"You'll get yourself killed. You're not going in there." Damon refused, causing trivial annoyance to originate in Katherine's look-alike.

"Plus, we need to save some weapons for Maddie." Alaric clarified as he organized his weapons.

"Why does she get a weapon?" Elena asked, crossing her arms. "She will most likely be injured."

"Even if she is injured, she is trained for this. You aren't. Trust me, she will do some damage." Alaric assured, thankful he had prepared his daughter for conflicts with the paranormal.

"I am going." Elena contended, becoming more annoyed when the males continued rejecting her attempts to help. In the end, they managed to talk her down to driving the getaway car.