XIII. ɪᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴛs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑖'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑠𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛

❝𝑖'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑠
𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛.❞︎

─︎ 𝑏.𝑚.
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

As much as Stefan struggled to stay in his bed and reevaluate what just happened and how it would affect his relationship with Elena, his mind kept worrying about an unavoidable redhead. To put his mind at ease, he switched into sufficient clothing and departed from his home, heading towards her house with one objective. Stars illuminated the murky sky, cultivating constellations that Madeline idolized.

Hoping she was awake, he tenderly knocked on her glass window, not wanting to enter without permission. Drawing her attention, Madeline cautiously looked out her window, grinning when she spotted it was the pleasanter Salvatore brother.

Welcoming the vampire, she opened the window and stepped out of the way. Gratefully, Stefan hopped into her room with grace.

"I am surprised to see you here, Mr. Salvatore." Madeline smiled as she shut her window, deterring the frigid air from forming goosebumps on her body.

"Well, I couldn't sleep," Stefan said, taking notice of her outfit and soaked hair.

A shower was unquestionably necessary after being submerged in her own blood and the previous clothes she wore had been shredded in particular areas from the continuous pain inflicted on her. Ready for an unplanned nap, she wore a tank top with thin straps and blue patterned flannel that belonged to her father, revealing her collarbone unintentionally. Exposing her defined thighs, she wore some jet black shorts that were scarcely dwindling of their natural hue. Occasionally, a drop of water would drip from her hair, leaving behind a trail of liquid she would soon have to tidy.

Reminding himself of what he came here for, he wondered why he recognized all these characteristics about her so abruptly, and guilt instantly began eating him alive.

"Well, I couldn't sleep either. Being tortured by vampires does that to you. Sorry for fainting on you, by the way." Madeline apologized, holding a rosy-colored bowl of strawberry ice cream in her hands. "I should've known I wouldn't be able to stay conscious for that long."

"No, I am sorry." Stefan declared as Madeline sat on her bed. Unsure whether or not he could sit beside her, he hesitantly strode, waiting for a nod or a pat on the bed. Noticing his skeptical expression, she smiled and patted the mattress, indicating she was comfortable with Stefan sitting next to her.

"What exactly are you sorry for Stefano?" Madeline questioned, readjusting herself in the criss-cross applesauce position and facing the vampire.

"I invited you to hunt with me," Stefan admitted, trying his best to keep eye contact. "If I hadn't done that, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."