LXIX. ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇᴍᴀɪʟ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕
𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.❞︎

─︎ 𝒓. 𝒎. 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒌𝒆.
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Madeline feared her own thoughts and memories. Uncertainty constricted her throat, reminding her what would happen if she let the absorbing woe take control. However, when she found out Klaus was desiccated, her eyes glistened a daring red.

Muttering curses under his breath, Damon prepared for the worse, pondering why the universe hated him. Of course, her powers returned after she learned about Klaus. With her father on the loose and the torture she had just endured, he knew her emotions were on the brink of exploding.

"You did what?" Madeline raged, glaring at Damon. Hanging up the phone, Damon realized Madeline had heard him talking about his latest feat. Stefan had left to get his girlfriend some food and her twin brother for comfort, leaving Damon with no one to help him calm Madeline down.

"Ginny, come on!" Damon said, smirking to hide his fear. Even as a human, Madeline knew how to pack a punch. Damon didn't want to imagine the damage she could inflict as a hybrid. "It's just Klaus."

"He is my friend." Madeline seethed, fists clenched. She walked up to him, a pounding headache ensuing.

Seeing her hands ball up, Damon replied, "He was going to kill Elena!"

"You could've just taken Elena away from his house. You didn't have to desiccate him!" Madeline declared, angered by the raven-haired vampire's actions.

"He was a bad guy!" Damon urged, needing Madeline to his perspective. "He needed to be stopped!"

Frustrated tears burning in her eyes, Madeline scoffed. "For the last time, he is my friend. He protected me from my father! If he hadn't taken me away from the school, I'm sure I wouldn't be standing here right now! Free him!"

"I won't do that, and I won't let you," Damon said, sensing her temper rise. "Please, just wait until we deal with Alaric."

Madeline chuckled humorlessly, taking all her agitation out on Damon. "You know what, Damon, screw you."

"Ginny ─︎," Damon said.

Madeline cut off, "I don't want to hear it."

"Mads, you have to understand!" Damon called out as she left the room. If she stayed any longer, she would have cracked every bone in his body.