LXI. ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟsᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙᴀʟʟ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒘𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒏

𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒘𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒏.❞︎

─︎ 𝒂.𝒂. 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒏𝒆
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

After taking her father to the emergency room with Stefan, Madeline did as she promised and stayed with Caroline. His ring wasn't working properly. The doctors guaranteed they would call if anything in Alaric's condition changed. In the morning, she and her brother went back to the Gilbert home, knowing there was a lot to be discussed.

According to the information Elena gathered from Elijah, the person in the locked coffin was the Original witch. "Elijah said that the Original witch wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

Disappointed, Stefan replied, "She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus."

"Well, not anymore, according to Elijah." Elena sighed, hoping that he was telling the truth. With him being the brother with morals, Elijah's word was a comfort to her.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan muttered as he sat next to Madeline at the table. The redhead hybrid was doodling and checking her phone for any updates about her father.

"Well, he'll spare Elena and Madeline." Damon corrected. "Klaus needs Elena's blood for his canine army, and Madeline somehow actually got on his good side."

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Madeline inquired.

"Because you are irritating." Damon retorted, smirking. Annoyed, Madeline made a pan float towards his head with her power. She whacked him, making him groan. Stefan laughed, sharing a fist bump with the Saltzman. "You're just proving my point, Ginny."

"Do it again," Pietro recommended, pulling out his phone to record it this time. "That needs to be shared with the world."

"No, no, no," Damon muttered, rubbing his head to lessen the blow.

"Then take it back," Madeline said, ready to whack him again if necessary.

Gritting his teeth, Damon exhaled sharply. "Never," he replied, refusing to give Madeline the satisfaction of him giving up. As expected, he earned another blow to the head.

Pietro cheered. "Fuck yeah. I got that on video."

Stefan said, "Send it to me, please."

"Me too." Madeline nodded eagerly, floating the pan to the sink.

"Come on, guys," Elena said, making Damon believe she was going to back him up. "You obviously have to send it to the group chat."

"Already done," Pietro said as their phones dinged at the notification in unison.