XX. ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʟʙᴇʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɢᴏᴡɴ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡,ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑙

❝𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ
ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡,
ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ
𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑙.❞︎

─︎ 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑛 𝑚. 𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑐𝑖𝑎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Today was the day. It was officially Founder's day, and since there weren't any vampires' threats (yet), Madeline was determined to revel in it while it lasted, even if she had to wear an uncomfortable dress. Thanks to Jenna being close "friends" with her father, Madeline had someone to help her squeeze into the beautiful gown.

"Ouch." Madeline laughed to dismiss the brief pain hatching in her ribs as Jenna tightened the corset around her waist. "My ribs are going to break."

"Sorry, Mads." Jenna apologized, letting out a quick laugh before loosening the corset. Without a doubt, Madeline looked utterly breathtaking. Framing her figure, a gown shaded forest green complimented her chartreuse eyes. Lustrous golden insignias of blossoms were scattered on the dress, completing the getup with glistening jewelry. With her hair curled to perfection yet slightly burnt, Madeline appreciated Jenna's fashion sense, providing the aunt with a smile and funny conversation throughout the entire process.

"Jenna, I can't believe I can look like this," Madeline said as looked into the mirror, modifying her hair as it declined to her back and shoulders. "Thank you so much. I am going to do something for you in return, and I won't let you stop me."

"Well, I have an idea. Maybe cook some food for dinner tonight because I cannot cook to save my life." Jenna suggested, admiring her own work. "Ric informed me you are an unbelievable cook."

"He exaggerates, but I certainly am." Madeline giggled, hugging the woman gingerly despite how enormous her attire was. "You got yourself a deal."

"Great! By the way, why do you have to do this? You weren't in the Miss Mystic Falls thing." Jenna queried, genuinely confused as they detached from the tender embrace.

"Caroline is forcing me into this. She and Ms. Lockwood believe the banner should be held, so another girl and I will be holding it. We need to fit the specific theme. The girls who competed have sashes, so the crowd can tell the difference." Madeline simplified. Personally, she would rather stay away from being the center of attention, but her blonde friend promised Oreos after the parade. Who can refuse such an offer?

"That explains it! Let me go check on Elena and get my purse. You can go downstairs, so we start driving there." Jenna explained, obtaining a nod of agreement from the redhead. Shifting her dress to fit through the doorway, Madeline soon reached the top of the stairs. Yet, she was confronted with another issue. If she attempted to descend to the lower floor, she wouldn't be able to see the steps beneath her and possibly get an injury. Madeline would be lying if she said she didn't contemplate doing it, considering it would be a way to avoid going out in public.