XXXIII. ᴘɪʟʟᴏᴡ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ sᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴᴇss

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘𝑙𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑐𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟

❝𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑
𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘𝑙𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑐𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚
𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟.❞︎

─︎ 𝑓. 𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑡𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑡𝑧𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑑
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Today was a school day, unfortunately. The sun peering through her curtains urged the twins to awake. Sleeping soundly, Madeline and Pietro had battled for the blanket in their slumber, resulting in Pietro's upper body dangling off the bed. His sister took up most of the space.

Abruptly, her father knocked on her door, startling the siblings. Pietro had fallen off the mattress, landing on his head with a loud thud. "Time to get up!"

"Ouch," he muttered, lifting himself off the floor to acknowledge how much space his sister had inhabited. "Seriously?"

"What?" she questioned, unraveling the blankets that wrapped her frame.

"You left no room for me!" he complained, dusting his shirt. "How is that fair?"

Madeline chuckled. "Cause this is my bed, dude."

"Some sister you are." Pietro declared under his breath, joking. Overhearing his statement, the hunter propelled a pillow at his face, causing him to grunt in confusion.

"Wow, did I do that?" Madeline teased, but she quickly regretted it once her brother plucked the pillow and copied her actions by flinging it at her abdomen.

"Sharing is caring," Pietro said before a full-blown pillow fight ensued. Alaric actually had to join in to stop them, calling them children. In reality, he was happy for Maddie. Having a sibling seemed to open up something he never knew she had, and it consoled him she would have someone else to look after her. Discovering what she truly was stunned him, but Alaric knew he would protect his daughter no matter what.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Elena had called Madeline and Caroline, asking for a favor before school embarked. Katherine held secrets and beneficial information, so the doppelganger decided to go ask her a series of questions. Of course, the vampire would never openly spill all her wisdom, so Elena brought blood and other things to assist in her meeting.

"I can't believe I am doing this." Madeline sighed, traipsing through the woodland to reach the tomb. "How come I have to be the one to lie to everyone?"

"Because Caroline is terrible at lying," Elena explained, carrying a satchel of supplies. "I need her strength to open the tomb door, and she will avoid him at all costs. Mads, I need you to keep Stefan busy. I don't want him knowing what I am up to."