LVII. ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒔

𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆
𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒔.❞︎

─︎ 𝑱𝑯 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒅
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Running with Elena, Madeline admired the bare patios of her neighbors and the infrequent garden filled with intense hues.

The doppelganger was still furious that Madeline went against their plan to kill Klaus, but she quelled those emotions. It wasn't reasonable to be rude to someone who was taking time out of their day to help her train.

Stopping to see what her running time was, Elena glanced at her watch, noticing how Madeline had stopped to wait for her. She exhaled, telling herself that Madeline definitely had a good reason for her actions. At least, that was what she was trying to convince herself. The more she thought about it, the more irritated she became. As Elena was distracted, Madeline looked down the street, acknowledging a man getting closer and closer to them.

"Elena, we need to go," Madeline whispered, grabbing the brunette's arm gently to coax her into a run. The man was running too as they both looked back a couple of times. Elena and Madeline sprinted past a corner, waiting to see if he would follow.

Preparing her abilities, Madeline felt her eyes turn red as Elena panted. Assuming they had just been paranoid, Madeline turned around as the color in her eyes succumbed. Bumping into the man who somehow ended up sneaking up behind them, Madeline's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry." the man said, taking off his headphones. "I should have been watching where I was going."

Madeline nodded suspiciously. "Right. Don't worry about it."

"Have a nice day." the man said, resuming his run.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

In an act of revenge, Stefan stole Klaus's family, the ones he stored in coffins. Expecting Elena and Damon to find them, he gave them an adamant message about how he was planning to live here in peace if they helped him.

Because of his breakup with Bonnie, Jeremy was spiraling, flunking assignments, and losing his job at the Grill. Madeline couldn't lie and say she wasn't worried. He had lost most of his loved ones, but that didn't excuse what he did with Anna.

"So most people in your life are mad at you for helping Klaus." Pietro summed up, sitting in the living room of the Gilbert home with his sister.

Madeline clapped her hands awkwardly together, nodding. "Yep."

"But Mikael was a vampire hunter and the reason we are the only Guardians left." Pietro inquired as Elena and Alaric were in the kitchen trying to cook. Considering Elena was not on speaking terms with Madeline, the redhead let her figure out how to make a meal for five.