LVI. ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛɴᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒖𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌

𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓
𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒖𝒔
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓
𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌.❞︎

─︎ 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒖𝒔
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Everyone's love language was unique. Madeline's love language was cooking. Her love for cooking commenced with Isobel. Most parents usually lie when something their child made isn't delicious to make them feel accomplished, but Isobel didn't do that. She let Madeline learn from her mistakes, teaching her what things to improve.

Because of her guidance, Madeline was now an admirable cook, delighting her family's tummies. She found a certain warmth from cooking, feeling closer to her mother. She enjoyed mincing certain foods into the tiniest pieces as quickly as Tiana from Princess and the Frog. Growing up, Tiana was her inspiration because of her hardworking attitude, and so was Mulan because of her courage and combat proficiency. As she turned around to grab some plates, she almost bumped into Stefan. Madeline halted, sighing when she realized her nice morning was ending. Because his chest was so close to her face, she could smell the faint cologne on his clothing.

"Morning," Stefan said, beaming confidently, as if to taunt her about the failed attempt to get his humanity back. Madeline clenched her jaw, responded with a dull greeting, and moved around him to get to the cabinets. "That's all you're going to say?"

He expected more of a reaction, especially after all the heartfelt words she had said. Part of him didn't even know how she managed to continue with all the insults he would throw. Almost as if he could hear his comments, his subconscious knew how false they were and how much she meant to him. Like most people, he shoved his subconscious away, knowing it would be back and put up more of a fight.

Madeline didn't reply, not wanting to give in to his longing for mockery. With Damon out of the house, that left her as his only source of entertainment. She snatched the plates, one for her and one for Rebekah, and set them on the counter.

Stefan was about to grab her arm, but she grasped his wrist to suspend him from going any further. Madeline fake smiled. "Personal space."

"She speaks," Stefan said, tearing his arm out of her clutch, seeing his need for entertainment seemed to be getting fulfilled.

Madeline retorted, "She stabs too."

"Trust me, I know. Your plan failed." Stefan mentioned as Madeline faced the counter, arranging the breakfast. "Pretty miserably."

He stood right behind her, breathing on her neck, desiring a reaction. Not giving him what he wanted, Madeline pushed him off, making him chuckle. "What do you not understand about personal space?"