XXVII. ᴘᴜʀᴇ ɴᴏɴsᴇɴsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜɴsᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑏𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡

𝑏𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡.❞︎

─︎ 𝑗𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒 𝑙𝑢𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑠
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Hit after hit, Madeline held back grunts of pain. Slash after slash, she bit her lip until it bled, suppressing sounds of distress that would delight the brunette vampire.

In an unaccustomed environment, she would heave against the ropes that restrained her to a chair. It didn't end. As if getting heckled by tomb vampires wasn't sufficient, she went through nastier, indescribable injuries. Repeating the cycle, Katherine would feed her blood and continue the torture, having no sympathy for the blood drenching the human's clothes. Exhausted, the girl would sometimes drift off, enabling the vampire to glide into her mind and commence torment. Lacerations and bruises didn't undermine her, but the nightmares did.

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

She opened her eyes, glimpsing around the room. She was lying on the Salvatore's couch, her body unscathed and stable. Stooping next to Madeline, Stefan clasped her hand, eyes expanding when he realized she had woken.

"Leine!" he said. Every time, the nickname ignited a recognizable burning passion in the girl's heart, and it flowed without an indication of delay.

"Katherine ─︎ she had me, and I ─︎," Madeline stammered, evoking despondent panic to replace the abrupt admiration.

"─︎ I know. I found you." Stefan nodded, an ominous motive ensuing. Upon studying the calmed expression on the hunter, he chuckled. "You didn't really think I saved you?"

"What?" she murmured, discarding her hand from his grasp as the peril became explicit.

Stefan smirked. "No, I found you to finish the job." Defying her pleads and fighting, he gnawed her neck, coating the edges of his lips with scarlet blood. Compassion was nowhere in the room, and no matter how hard the Saltzman screamed, her fearsome outcries went unanswered.

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴇɴᴅ

Those were the visuals she would have on repeat, chipping away her intent to persist fearless, even if it was inconceivable.

"I told the brothers that it was game on, and right now, I plan to use a piece of the game to my advantage, Leine." Katherine taunted when the girl was asleep. To limit the amount of gruesome information, I will only say it got worse. "I will leave you as a gift for Stefan. I'm sure he will enjoy it."