LI. ʟɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴀʟsᴇ sɪɴᴄᴇʀɪᴛʏ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒,𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒

❝𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟
𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒,
𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑
𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑘.𝑤.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

The people of Chicago prowled the streets, going about their day without spotting the four destructive creatures that idled in a clothing store. Demanding some clothes, Rebekah forced her brother to buy her some. Madeline quite liked the outfit she was already wearing, but the thought of giving Rebekah wardrobe advice sent a thrill through her veins. It had been a while since she had hung out with someone other than Klaus and Stefan.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah said as she ripped the curtain out of the way and came out of the changing rooms.

"There's not," Klaus remarked. Madeline smiled as Rebekah made her entrance, the dress complimenting her curves.

"So women in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes, then," Rebekah commented, remembering what it was like to wear particular things hundreds of years ago. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus replied, acknowledging how her sister didn't like how humanity's taste in clothing had developed.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah said, temporarily wishing she didn't have super hearing.

"It's dance music," Stefan answered. Biting the inside of his cheek, he wondered what was going through the female twin's head. It had been a while since they had exchanged words or any secret kisses, thanks to the blonde version of Klaus.

All he could do was marvel at her from afar, and even that was risky. Because of the deep desires that could be seen just with one look into his eyes, he had to maintain his distance. They were scarred people, desperate to be rebuilt, and with each other, they discovered their antidote.

Elena tried to change his imperfections. He did too. Madeline accepted them, understood them, for she held identical flaws. That didn't stop her from doing the things she wanted. The Salvatore brother admired that.

Rebekah scoffed. "You would dance to this?" Stefan hummed in response, zoning back into the conversation.

"Are we done?" Klaus complained, loathing how long women took to find the right outfit.

"Stop complaining, Klaus. She was the one daggered for I don't know how long." Madeline grumbled, standing up to find Rebekah other clothes to try on.

"I like her," Rebekah whispered, pointing to the redhead.