XLIII. ᴀɴ ᴜɴʜɪɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪs ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑠ℎ 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒.𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠

𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒.
𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑏𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑦𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑗𝑎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

The 60s Dance had arrived, and Madeline couldn't be more embittered. Waiting out an Original seemed like a lousy idea, but that's what her friend group was doing. Rock music was playing, but not too vehemently that you had to shout just to talk to someone. Everyone's outfits coordinated with the theme, a concoction of colorful pigments and bright headbands cramming the compartment.

Wearing a dress striped with various hues and jewelry people wore in the 60s, Madeline entered the event, her earrings swinging each time she took a step. Feeling like a third wheel with Elena and Stefan, she purposely got lost in the crowd with Pietro as her classmate spoke into a microphone, amassing most people's interest.

"Thanks for being here, everybody," she said, earning cheers and applause from the students, including the twins. "We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Elena. From Klaus."

Head perking up at the name, Madeline felt a shudder go down her spine as she got the feeling she was being watched. She knew he was here, but where?

"Stay close to me or Stefan and Damon, alright, sestra?" Pietro said protectively, eyes bouncing from face to face.

"I will. Don't confront Klaus all on your own, okay? I can't lose you too, Pietro." Madeline forewarned, meeting her brother's eyes. "Promise me."

"I promise, Madeline." Pietro whispered, nodding with a comforting smile.

Maddie turned to Elena, regarding the look of fear daubed on her face. What made it worse was that everyone started cheering forthe offer she received.

If only they knew how much danger they were in.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Stefan had just informed Caroline about what was going on, raising trepidation and vigilance. Planning to keep his promise, Stefan noticed Madeline scrutinizing everyone's behavior, looking for the odd one in the bunch. Of course, she would be the one attentively watching over everyone and waiting for something to seem off.

"May I have this dance?" Stefan said, stretching his hand out. Madeline smiled, looking down at the ground to dissolve the rosiness expanding on her cheeks.

"You still want to dance even with an unhinged Original vampire dashing around?" Madeline teased, glancing back up.

"Of course." Stefan smiled.