XXVIII. ᴋɪssɪɴɢ ғᴀɴᴛᴀsɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪsᴄʜɪᴇᴠᴏᴜs ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑒

❝𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑠
ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠
𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑒
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Coming to the acknowledgment of her feelings for Stefan, Madeline couldn't help but feel deplorable. One of her best friend's boyfriends of all people had to be enticing enough to inhabit her heart. It was as if her life couldn't get more convoluted. Her phone rested on her bed as she meandered in her bathroom, just getting out of the shower. Securely wrapped around her body was a towel as she ignored the wafting steam, remaining extremely silent, which she detested.

Anxious, Stefan went on with checking up on the hunter, her phone blowing up with text messages. Realizing she wasn't answering, his restlessness struck his limit. Now, the vampire knocked on her window, and the enveloping discontent strengthened when he didn't see her approach. Because of how far the bathroom was from her window, the vampire's thumps were drowned out.

"Damn it, Leine," Stefan mumbled, deliberating if entering without permission would be disrespectful to her privacy. With Katherine on the loose, his fear won. "Screw it."

Effortlessly, the unlocked window opened. Studying for a sign of struggle, his eyes landed on her phone. "Madeline!"

Maddie creased her brows in perplexity, wondering if she was so infatuated with the vampire that it made her hear things. Careful not to skid, the hunter departed her bathroom, confronting the Salvatore brother.

"Stefan? What are you doing here?" she mumbled, eyes broadening. The vampire's mouth dropped open as he regarded the human's lack of clothing, averting his gaze.

"I was here to, um ─︎," Stefan said, his loss for words rendering some chuckles flee the hunter's mouth. Perceptions of her appearance trumpeted in the male's mind. The way her damp hair stuck to her body, the way water droplets were poised on her skin. Embedding in his brain, it captivated the vampire. Scolding his sentiments, he reminded his mentality of the relationship he was in and how impermissible it was to be with Madeline. Fantasies of how her lips would feel against his didn't falter, how her hair would ooze an alluring scent.

God, he truly was smitten.

"─︎ I guess you saw something you liked." Madeline teased, her voice evidently entailing it was a joke. He laughed nervously, hearing her grab the phone from her mattress. "Based on all the messages you sent me, I say you were worried."

"I thought Katherine might've done something again, and you weren't answering." Stefan rambled, his back facing the girl. "I didn't mean to barge inside, but I wasn't going to take any chances."