03

I'm late

I'm late. I'm late as fuck.

After walking confidently to what I thought was the math wing, I quickly realized it wasn't, and that this school is horribly disorganized.

How does room 401 sit next to room 502? How does that work?

I roamed around the school, lost as fuck, but I pretended like I knew exactly where I was going to spare the embarrassment of asking someone.

Currently, I'm roaming around god knows what hallway, stilling trying to find my calculus class.

405, 506, 607, ah! Bingo! There it is. Room 708. Only took ten minutes to find. Lovely.

Now looking at the numbers, I guess the hallways go up by hundreds and ones? I have no clue, but it's confusing.

Now there's another challenge, how do I not embarrass myself in front of the class as I'm walking in late as fuck on the first day of school. I can't, so I suck in a breath and suck it up.

I open the door, which makes a loud noise, and everyone stares at me when I enter the room.

Keep your eyes fixated on the floor. If you can't see them, they can't see you right?

"Well, you must be Juliana Walker?" I look up to see my calculus teacher with an amused smile on her face.

"Um- yeah. I'm sorry I'm late. I couldn't-"

"Find the room?" She finishes, lifting an eyebrow, still smiling.

I chuckle nervously. "Yeah."

She goes over to me. "Don't be so nervous. We all recognize that this school is poorly designed, and everything is impossible to find." She sticks out her hand. "I'm Miss. Rice. It's nice to meet you Juliana."

I shake her hand, grateful that she's so kind and understanding. Not going to lie, when I signed up for calculus, I thought I would get an old mean man or women teaching the class, but looks like I was wrong.

She lets go of my hand and turns to the little table set up in front of the projector. "Do you go by any other name besides Juliana?"

I shake my head. "Nope. Juliana is perfectly fine."

I've always loved my name. I think Juliana is a beautiful name, and I never want to shorten it.

"Perfect." She drops her pen. "You make my life easier."

She points to the empty desk behind a blonde girl, who's next to a blonde boy.

"You'll be sitting there. Behind Madison and next to Parker."

I nod. "Thank you."

I walk over to the desk, sliding into it and taking out my stuff I need for class.

"So Juliana. What brings you back to New York?" The boy next to me, Parker, asks.

I turn to look at him, creeped out. How does he know I left New York? I told no one, not even Jace I left, so how does he know?