09

The events of yesterday replay in my head in an endless loop

Jace and I being tied for valedictorian? Jace and I only having a semester to beat each other out? Most of all, Jace and I spending the entire day together?

An identical fucking schedule? What the hell were they thinking? What does this do? What does this prove?

They can't be serious about this. Realistically, this doesn't work. They can't swap up our schedules when the semester started already. Right?

Please, whoever above, please let this nightmare be over with.

I walk into calculus, wanting to get this day already over with.

I keep myself busy - checking through my emails, scrolling through Instagram - stalling myself from logging onto my student portal to check my schedule.

I'm about to start logging into my portal, but Parker walks through the door with a beanie on, headphones in, and coffee in hand.

He catches my gaze, and his face brightens when he sees me.

"Good morning Juliana." He smiles at me, putting all his stuff down.

I return that friendly smile I'm getting used too. "Morning."

"Heard you won your match yesterday. Congrats by the way."

I stare at him in confusion. No one ever talks about tennis, so how did he hear this information.

He senses my confusion, and he clears his throat, rubbing the back of his neck, blushing slightly. "Um- I texted Madison asking how the game went yesterday, and she told me you won."

Now I'm the one blushing. Since Jace's jealous meltdown, I couldn't help but notice how, and I hate to admit it, he's right. Parker does show a bit more affection towards me, but it could just be his friendly spirits too.

"That's really sweet Parker." I smile a genuine smile towards him. Parker's a sweet boy. Always has been.

Parker's cheeks flare to a red color, and he turns away from me slightly to hide it.

He's embarrassed. How cute.

"You should come to a match sometime." I add to keep the conversation going.

Parker turns back to me, cheeks a little less red, with wide eyes. "Really?"

I nod my head. "Really. It's a public event anyways, so I mean, it's your choice. I can send you the schedule if you want. There's not many home matches left."