21

I learned the hard way this week that I'm not used to sharing Juliana, and I don't like it either

———————————————————————

Monday

I'm dreading seeing Juliana, but ready to patch things up with her. I was a little harsh on her last night when I had no reason to be. I hope it just didn't ruin her night, and she'll forgive me easily.

But when I walked into calculus, Parker and Juliana are already sitting together, laughing at god knows what.

It's 7 am. What is there to laugh about?

Madison snorts, and I look over at her to see she's already looking at me.

"What?" I mouth to her.

She just smiles, shaking her head and putting her hands up in defense like she's not going to say anything to me.

Ok. Whatever. Keep secrets from me.

I drop my heavy backpack onto the floor as I slide into my seat, slouching down.

Another fit of laughter erupts from across the room, and I look over to see Parker smirking at Julie while she is laughing into her hands.

Are they really going to be that couple in high school?

The bell rings, and Julie looks up at the clock and back at Parker, excusing herself to her seat.

Thank fuck. I could not stand to see or hear that for a minute longer.

Julie walks back over to her seat, saying hi to me quickly before turning to face the front of the room.

Odd. Normally she starts up a conversation, and we talk until Miss. Rice yells at us for talking to much.

"Ok class. You know what day it is. Partner quiz day." I look over to Juliana who is staring directly at Miss. Rice.

Ever since we've patched things up, Juliana and I have always partnered up for these weekly quizzes. We always finish first in the class too, so this is the perfect time to apologize to her.

I scoot my desk closer to hers, but she gets up from her desk, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Sorry Jace. Parker asked me earlier if I wanted to partner with him today." Well, there goes my ego. "I hope you don't mind. I promise I'll be your partner next week."