23

Today's the day

Today's the day. Penn State vs. Michigan.

Am I excited about the game? No.

Should I be excited about the game? Yes.

But she's not here. She's probably driving right now with another guy to the same game she promised she'd go with me too.

So yeah. Instead of being happy and excited, I'm sulking.

"Twenty minutes until we reach Beaver Stadium." Dad announces from the driver seat.

Devin, who's sitting right next to me, let's out a hoot in response. He turns around to look at Lane, sitting in the last row, who could care less as she has her headphones in, texting someone. She's been in her own world this whole drive: her own world being her phone.

Lane insisted that she didn't want to bring anyone, so we sold our extra ticket we had since someone didn't want to be my plus one.

Devin reaches over the seat and pulls out Lane's Airpod.

"Seriously Devin?" Lane says, annoyed, giving him the meanest glare I've seen from her.

Lane reaches for her Airpod, but Devin snatches his hand away from her. "Brighten up Lainey. Socialize with us!"

Lane groans. "Can you stop calling me Lainey? It sounds so childish."

Devin shakes his head. "No can do Miss. Lainey Drainy. I like the nickname." He smirks at her which causes her to roll her eyes.

Devin takes her Airpod and puts it in his ear, and I can hear faint music playing. Devin looks up at Lane, raising his eyebrows. "The Weeknd?"

Once again, Lane tries to snatch her Airpod back from Devin, but he dodges her.

Lane groans again, rubbing her eyes. "If I let you listen to music with me, will you leave me alone?" Devin smiles, nodding enthusiastically causing Lane to let out a louder groan. "I hate you."

"You gotta love me. I mean, who doesn't?" Devin leans against the door with a look of confidence on his face.

Lane waves her pointer finger in his face. "Let's not get cocky here mister."

The bickering between the two of them continue, and I zone out as I look through everyone's Snapchat stories.

One stories catches my eye though, and not in a good way.

It's a picture that Juliana took at a higher angle of her sitting in the passenger seat of Parker's car. She's smiling at the camera with a Penn State baseball cap on her head and a Penn State t-shirt, while Devin wears the same one but in opposite color stories. At the bottom of the screen, cut off slightly, you can see Parker and Juliana holding hands.

Great.

Not only did she ditch me for this loser and she's repping the opposing team, but she also publicly posted a picture of them together. Not like people don't know they have a thing, but still. What the fuck.