19

Sundays

Sundays. My least favorite day.

Why, you might ask. It's because it's pre-Monday.

The last day of the weekend.

The one day the stores close early.

The one day of the week where you're dreading going back to you're normal routine on the weekdays.

The day where you set your alarms again.

The day where you're relaxed yet on edge.

The day you're scrambling to do the homework you forgot about last minute.

Sunday sucks.

Like right now, when I could be back at home - in my bed - dreaming of sweet dreams.

Nope.

Instead I'm getting my heavy ass hockey bag out of my trunk and going to practice at 6 a.m.

Once again, Sundays fucking sucks.

As I'm closing my trunk, Devin's car horn blares, making my ears pop due to the sudden noise which earns him the bird.

"Morning sunshine!" Devin chirps as he gets out of his car, all cheery and happy.

Seriously. How can someone be this happy and cheerful at 6 a.m. on a Sunday? Couldn't be me right now.

My lack of response earns me a frown. "Aw. What's wrong little Jace?" Devin says to me like you're speaking to a baby. "Is little Jace tired?"

He sticks his bottom lip out, blinking innocently at me.

I smack his bicep causing a loud laugh to erupt from his chest.

"Fuck off." I mumble, walking past him.

"Wait for me whore!" Devin yells at me, but I continue walking because Devin's sunshine personality today is bothering me.

"What crawled up your ass today? Normally you're never this grumpy." Devin says, catching up to me.

"Dude. It's 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning. We never have Sunday skate."

Devin shrugs, adjusting the strap to his bag on his shoulder as we walk past David who's taking attendance.

Yeah. That's right. They're taking attendance.

Why? Because weekend skates are mandatory, but no one shows up for them. Plus, we played horribly in our scrimmage last Saturday. We won, but just barely. It was a horrible game in general, just bad plays by us, and of course coach is pissed off, so now we have mandatory weekend skate.

If you don't show up to mandatory practices, you're benched for a game.

Extreme much?

Even though Julie and I are on good terms right now, I still blame her for the horrible mindset I was in for the game. If that test tube incident didn't happen, that game would've went a lot smoother.