22

After graduating and obsessing over The Summer I turned Pretty series by Jenny Han *which I'm still obsessed with), I am back! I'm so sorry with the lack of updates, but I've been in a terrible, TERRIBLE writing slump. I am back for now, and I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

I've noticed I have many new readers! Just out of curiosity, how did you find Afterglow (both old and new readers can answer this! I'm just very curious!)? Love you all to the moon and to saturn - Jewels

———————————————————————

It's the day before we leave for State College, PA

It's the day before we leave for State College, PA. Home to the Nittany Lions, and home to the defeat of Penn State.

What can I say? Go Blue babes.

When Jace asked if I wanted to go to the football game with them on Saturday, I was more than ecstatic. One of my favorite memories as a kid was going down to Penn State to cheer on Michigan. We always got dirty looks, but I didn't care. I had the time of my life there.

I grab my small, black mini-backpack from my closet and walk around my room, mentally creating a list in my head on things to bring for tomorrow.

The sound of the doorbell sounds from downstairs, but I ignore it as I start gathering miscellaneous items.

"Juliana!" Mom yells from downstairs. "It's for you!"

Oh. It must be Jace. He promised that he'd bring over his Michigan collection after practice today, so I can pick out my outfit.

I run down the stairs, adrenaline pumping through my veins. It's not everyday your guy best friend lets your borrow his clothes, and men's clothing is always ten times more comfortable than woman's.

I halt in my tracks as I'm not greeted by the sight of my dorky best friend standing in the doorway.

It's Parker I'm greeted with.

"Hey Juliana." Parker smiles at me.

I slowly approach him, looking past him to see if Jace was behind him, but surprisingly, Jace's car wasn't even in his driveway.

"Hey Parker. Um- come inside." I step aside, allowing him to come in. "Let's go down to the basement. We can sit down and talk there."

Parker just nods, not really caring, and I lead him into the kitchen where the door to the basement resides.

I shiver a little as we descend the steps. My parents wanted our basement to be a hangout center for my friends and theirs, so it's essentially another living room but with a projector, ping-pong table, and a pool table added.