04

I tug on my body armor when Devin comes speeding into the locker room like a man on a mission

I tug on my body armor when Devin comes speeding into the locker room like a man on a mission. He slides onto the locker room bench with too much momentum, almost flying off of it before he catches himself.

"You-" Devin points to me. He hunches over, hands on his knees as he catches his breath. "You- you never told me she looks like that."

I furrow my eyebrows. What the hell is he talking about?

"Oh don't play dumb with me." Devin slaps my bicep.

"Ow! What the hell man!" I hiss, rubbing my bicep.

Devin lays down on the bench, looking up at the bright lights hanging from the ceiling. "I take back everything I said back." Devin breathes. "This year will be full of Juliana Walker."

I push Devin off the bench. How the fuck could he say that? After knowing what the fuck she did to me and put me through, he says this shit?

God, I have horrible taste in friends.

"What the hell man!" Devin groans, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What do you mean 'what the hell'. Bro! You're supposed to be on my side about this Juliana situation!" I exclaim. Our teammates are looking at us weirdly since we're causing a scene, but I could give a shit. "You're the one who gave me a pep talk this morning about cutting Juliana out of my life! You made me promise no Juliana this year!"

Devin shakes his head, eyes wide. "I know, but you never told me the girl is a total smoke show!"

Great. My best friend who's supposed to support ME is now pussy whipped after seeing Juliana once. ONCE.

I throw my hands up. "I can't believe you bitch."

"I'm sorry!" Devin pleases. "But can you blame me? She's hot as fuck!"

"Who's hot as fuck?" Nate Samuels asks.

Nate Samuels, assistant captain to me this year, also a senior, but a total fuck boy like most of our team. I swear this man has slept with half of West Point at this point. A total man whore but a beast on the ice.

I'm mutual with Nate. I don't hate him, don't love him.

"None your-" I start but Devin quickly cuts me off.

"Juliana Walker!" Devin exclaims.

Way to go Devin, exactly what I wanted. Normally I don't care when Devin and Nate talk about girls, but with Juliana, it's different because I know Nate and I know he'll make a move towards her.

Not that I should care. Juliana can make whatever decisions she wants in life.

"No way. You mean the Juliana that Jace used to be obsessed with?" Nate asks, putting on his jersey.

Devin shoots up from laying down to stare at Nate wide eyed. "Wait a damn minute, you know her?"

Nate nods nonchalantly. "Yeah. I've been playing with Jace on the team since I could remember, and I remember seeing her in the crowds a lot. Plus, he could never shut up about her."