14

Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift

———————————————————————

The Apple pre-set alarm ringtone blasts in my ear as I'm awaken from my slumber

I groan loudly as I press snooze on the blaring alarm, and I roll over to the opposite side of the bed, hoping to get some more sleep.

My phone dings loudly, letting me know I got a text message.

Groaning again, I roll back over.

The bright blue lights of the IPhone screen blinds me as I squint to look at the message.

Jace: Morning sunshine

Suddenly, I'm wide awake, smiling into my pillow as I reread the message over and over again.

After our Saturday detention, Jace and I have been non-stop talking. I unblocked him a while ago due to school work, but we didn't talk much outside of the few exchanges of answers.

We sent all of  Sunday texting: sharing stories, memories, anything really. The conversation flowed so easily, and I missed having Jace as a friend.

Another ding is heard and excitement fills my system to see what Jace will text next.

This time, it wasn't Jace who texted me.

Parker: Woke up with a fever :( wish I could come to school to see you, send me anything I miss in calc <3

Poor Parker.

I quickly send back a 'of course! feel better'. I debated putting a little heart at the end, but I decided against it.

My phone chimes again, this time, the message is from Jace.

Jace: Open your curtains

I stare at my screen, confused and a tiny bit afraid of what he means.

Jace: Stop thinking and just open your curtains Walker

Just like he read my mind.

I walk over to my bay window, opening my white, lace curtains to see Jace eagerly holding up his notebook, facing me with the words 'breakfast?' written on the paper.

I bite back a smile, shaking my head, going on my phone to respond to him.

Me: seriously? couldn't have texted me that?