07

Slamming the door on Jace's face is the highlight of my week

After I slammed the door on his face, I went up to my room and cried for hours. I sobbed and cried, looking out towards the window of my ex-best friend's room.

By the time I was done crying, I had no tears left to cry anymore. My eyes were bloodshot, and my nose was rubbed raw. I was completely numb.

I sat, staring at Jace's window, the same one we had our conversation through.

How could someone you used to trust with your entire life turn out to be such a shitty person?

What happened to us?

I realized though, Jace Lockheart isn't worth it. I'm not wasting another breath on him, another thought. I'll do exactly as he said: be friendly in public and that's it.

"Juliana?" Parker's voice breaks me out of my trance.

I shake my head quickly, trying to clear my head of these awful thoughts. "Sorry. What's that?"

He breaks out a tiny smile. "Just asking if you're ready for your match tonight?"

My eyes widen. "How did you know I have a game today?"

He rubs the back of his neck, looking like he was caught red handed. "I might have asked around."

My heart melts as Parker's face heats up to a cherry red color. No one, besides he shall not be named, ever came to my games. To be frank, no one really cares about my tennis career besides my parents. Seeing someone else care warms my heart up.

"I think that's really sweet Parker." Parker's face lightens, and he smiles as I tuck a piece of my hair back. "Are you planning on going to the game?"

"I-"

"Parker! Hey man!" I roll my eyes as I see the familiar brunette sling an arm around Parker's shoulders, smirking at me.

Parker, clearly uncomfortable, plasters on his nicest smile. "Jace. Hey man. What are you doing here?"

Jace smiles at Parker, arm still around him. "Nothing much. Just bored. I see you're talking to Julie here."

Parker looks at Jace then back at me confused. "Julie?"

I swear if looks could kill, Jace Lockheart would be dead right now.

"You know." Jace lets go of Parker and walks over to me, placing his arm on top of my head, since he's a fucking giant compared to me. "Julie here." He tilts his head down to meet my burning gaze.

I elbow him in the ribs, hard, causing him to bend over in pain. I smirk down at Jace, while Parker holds back a laugh.

Jace glares at me, but once he recovers himself, that all too familiar mischievous smirk I know returns back on his dumb ass face.