12

To Be So Lonely - Harry Styles

———————————————————————

I shoot the puck as hard as I can into the open net, adrenaline pumping through my veins

After the whole test tube accident today, I'm in a desperate need of a release.

After Mrs. High blew up at us, Julie and I cleaned up the mess, glaring at each other the entire time but staying silent as we didn't want to make things worse.

Once the bell rung, I booked it out of there, got in my car, and sped off to the rink.

I've been here since. Shooting pucks into the empty net, trying to release some tension before I face the battle ahead of me in practice.

Some of the guys started arriving at the rink for our 6 o'clock practice, but no sign of coach or Devin yet (the two main people I need to worry about). Between the both of them, I'll never hear the end of it.

Speak of the devil.

"You." Devin walks out of the locker room, pointing his stick at me.

He hops on the ice quickly skating towards me as I circle around to shoot the puck into the net again.

He collides into me, and I stumble back slightly. "What the hell man?" I yell.

"What do you mean 'what the hell'? What the hell was that stunt you pulled back in chem?" I pass the puck to Devin, him trapping it easily. He stands in his place, staring me down. "Saturday detention? Did you fucking forget about our first scrimmage captain?"

I skate over to him, stealing the puck from his feet, and skate to the opposite end of the rink to shoot the puck into the net again. I hear Devin's skates close behind me as I slap the puck into the net.

"Jace. You can't avoid this forever! The whole team already knows. God I can't imagine what coach will think."

I groan. The thought of coach finding out is scaring the shit out of me. Coach normally isn't a scary man, especially after knowing him for this long, but man when he's angry, he is angry. "Don't remind me. I don't even want to know how coach is going to react."

Some of the guys start coming out of the locker room slowly, chatting lightly as they get on the ice for warm-ups.

"Mad. Angry. Furious." Devin states bluntly, counting the adjectives he's listing with his fingers.