20

Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month from myself and Juliana <3

Lastly, author's note at the end! Please read it as it involves life updates!

———————————————————————

T-minus an 30 minutes until my date with Parker

I repeat an 30 minutes until my date.

Currently, there are clothes scattered throughout my entire room, makeup all over my desk, and hair tools and products thrown all over my bathroom counter as I try and curl my stick, straight hair all while the album 'positions' by Ariana Grande plays in the background.

This could not be more stressful.

I take another piece of my sectioned off hair and wrap it around the curling iron, praying that my hair won't burn off.

A small knock comes from my door, even though it's open, and I see mom standing in the doorway, smiling at me.

"How's it going in here?"

I release the piece of hair, seeing it perfectly curled. "It's going."

My bathroom is connected to my room, and with my bedroom door being wide open, mom looks inside and cringes. "God Juliana. Your room is a mess."

I groan, taking another small piece of my hair and curling it. Screw my parents for blessing me with thick hair. "I know. Don't get me started on that. I still don't know what I'm going to wear."

Mom moves carefully past me, making sure not to bump me, and into my room.

I release the curled hair, taking the hair spray and spraying it all over my hair.

At this point, I've ripped my closet into shreds. There's no way she'll find something cute.

"What about this?" Mom says.

She holds up a white dress. The top of the dress is fitted, while the bottom of the dress is looser with delicate little white flowers embroidered on the skirt.

It's simple. Not to flashy. Not to scandalous. Not too casual, yet not to dressy.

It's perfect.

I nod my head, enthusiastically. "That's perfect. How did I not think of that dress?"

"Maybe because you only worn it once. I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot about it." Mom laughs, hanging the dress up in my closet.

"Wear a jean jacket with it in case you get cold." Mom adds on.

"Good idea."

Mom comes back into my small bathroom, leaning against the door frame. "You look wonderful sweetheart. Parker is very lucky to have you."