17

Fallin' All In You - Shawn Mendes

———————————————————————

"You did not." Julie gasps from beside me.

I smile at her as I turn on my right turn signal, pulling into the parking lot of the familiar, faded pink house on the corner of our town's center.

Surprisingly, outside of New York City, New York is quite calm and boring.

Our town is small but lively. Living two hours away from New York City, our town is surrounded by the woods, but that doesn't mean live in the middle of nowhere.

Our county is quite large with multiple, large school districts neighboring us. We have a town center filled with offices, boutiques, dining places, and small activities to do like pottery or jewelry making. We have a mall twenty minutes way from us, and a Target and Walmart along with other chain businesses ten minutes away. We aren't completely living in the middle of the woods, cut off from civilization.

Living in this town feels like living in a small city on its own weirdly enough.

I pull into a parking space farther away from the entrance of the parlor as it's quite busy for a Tuesday night.

Before I could shut off the engine, Julie opens her door, dashing out of the car.

I quickly follow her, seeing her stopped, in the middle of the road, looking at the warn down but familiar building.

I grab her wrist, lightly tugging her, so she's not standing directly in the middle of the road. She doesn't budge. She continues to stare at the building in aw.

She turns to me. Her chocolate brown eyes wide and full of an emotion I've never seen in them.

"You brought me here?" She whispers.

I nod my head, shoving my keys into my short's pockets. "Just because I couldn't watch you play today, doesn't mean I won't take you out for ice cream after a game."

Her lips curl into a smile, and she reaches for my arm, hugging it. She looks up at me with that doe-eye look, and my heart melts at the sight. "Thank you."

She lets go of my arm, the loss of contact stirring something in me, and she skips ahead of me into Mrs. Rosewood's.

She holds open the door for me, and I give her a glare.

"What?" Julie looks at me innocently.

Call me old fashioned, but my mother raised me to always open a door for a woman and to always pay for a date.

I shake my head at her, shooing her away from the door. Julie backs away, septically, not sure of what my next steps are.

Once she's far enough from the door, I open it wide for her. I bow down, holding my hand out to jester her in. "M'lady."