15

Sweet Creature - Harry Styles

———————————————————————

I stare at Julie who has her hair thrown in a low bun, head deep in a chemistry free response question

This day with Julie couldn't get any better.

It's like a breath of fresh air, dead weight being lifted off my shoulders being able to laugh and joke around with her again.

It's like we never stopped being friends with each other. It was so easy to pick up exactly where we left off.

I stare down at my blank free response question. "Chemical this, reaction that." I groan.

"I don't know why you took this class if you don't like chemistry." Julie chuckles from beside me, typing something into her calculator.

She's not wrong. I fucking hate chemistry. It makes no sense whatsoever, and the fact I have an A in this class right now is a miracle.

I sigh, playing with my pencil. "Helps my class rank and weighted GPA."

Juile drops her pencil beside me. I look up to see her gawking at me.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What?" I ask, confused.

Julie shakes her head. "From what I've heard, you were valedictorian since freshman year, and no one is close to beating you. I don't understand how you're concerned with your rank." Julie pick up her pencil, pointing it towards me. "Weighted GPA I get, but not class rank."

"Nothing wrong with taking higher level classes to impress universities." I shrug, leaning against the back of my chair.

Julie scoffs. "Not like you need it." She murmurs, going back to the problem.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?"

"I'm just saying," She looks up from the problem, locking eye contact with me. "Mister I'm a hockey star probably doesn't need it."

I chuckle at her. "You're not wrong."

I already received offers from D1 schools, and I fit all the requirements for a full-ride scholarship from each.

"Since we're on this topic of college," Julie rests her head against her hands, batting her eyelashes at me. "did you apply anywhere or get any offers?"