Ch. 36- Mind or Heart

"Yes he is an upcoming hero, but can he be trusted?"

Pro hero Hawks now climbing the ranks to the top 10 heroes was catching not only the attention of other heroes but as well as the hero commission and powerful villain groups.

"It is not whether he can be trusted but rather if he can be of use to us."

"Yes, but can we keep him under control?"

Being one of the youngest heroes to become so popular fast was just too tempting for the hero commission to get their hands on.

"He is still young, the younger they are, the better a chance you have of taming them."

Now, Keigo Takami is under the commission's control and is missioned as a spy for no other than the uprising league of villains. Pro-hero Hawks was seen as a traitor by other heroes and a friend of the villains. But he was still playing a part in his own game as well...

.

.

.

3rd POV

"You know, Hawks?"

Izuku teased. The small sounding of chains clinking in the night air.

"Hm?"

The blond responded pushing his feet on the ground.

"You're not the first pro hero I've become acquaintances with..."

Izuku stopped swinging and stared blankly at a shocked Hawks.

"I know not to trust heroes anymore and I know not to trust villains."

"I understand If you don't trust me Midoriya-san."

The blonde smiled as he continued to swing.

"It's not that I don't trust you," Izuku stared at the man before cocking his head to the side. "I just can't tell what side you're on."

"Side?"

"As you probably already know, a first-year student at UA was suspected of mental problems and was convicted of stealing school files." 

Izuku said softly as he looked at the ground in thought.

"I did nothing of the sort but was framed by my only friend who says they are a hero but seems to act as a villain of who is just misunderstood."

The pro frowned realizing that the boy in front of him was the cause for the hero commission to be wary of all heroes, civilians, and villains together. They thought that if an overly smart student of UA escaped from the most secure place in the country would cause problems for the progress they worked so hard for. The progress of gaining control of the people under them.

"So now... Im someone who will side with certain villains and heroes that seem to see  the world for what it truly is."

Izuku looked at the man with furrowed brows.

"But you... You don't have a side."

"What?"

The blonde finally speaks more shocked.

"You, Keigo, don't care what happens to the world around you."

"Wha- That's... No, I..."

The blonde spluttered denying what he was being told. He himself should know whether if he's on a side or not. If anyone knew anything about him it's himself. So why? Why was some run-away student telling him what he is and how he sees the world.

"You don't have to deny it. But let me ask you if you had a chance, would you not have become a hero?"

Izuku asked. After a long silence, he sighed and pushed off the ground to swing himself. The moon shone so softly on them at the playground. The small streetlights around the park also gave a soft glow. Though, the only thing the pro hero could look at was the small smile as Izuku went back and forth on the swing. His mind was perplexed with his own thoughts and problems but for some reason, he felt his heart flutter when the moonlight reflected off the light emerald eyes of the boy.