Ch.10: quirkless

Nezus POV

We watched as the boy's lightning-like quirk disappeared between the trees. I know the kid is innocent, but I also know that he will help no matter if it's legal or not. He will still become a hero. The police, All might, and the other pros do not know this but if I did tell them the truth, midoriya would have died an early death and many lives would suffer.

I had to make sure he had a little chance so he can enjoy life better. Though, I feel a little guilty that this Midoriya had to give up his quirk, but if he didn't, he would have a bounty put over his head. Hes a survivor no matter he wants die or not, he will live and succeed his goals.

'Hopefully. '

"Did you really have to be so cruel to the boy? "

I asked glancing at the now deflated hero.

"What? "

"You acted like you didn't even know him and like he was a disgrace. "

I said. He sighed and looked down at the green strand of hair in his hand.

"I don't know him anymore. "

He says with a tired voice.

"Well, you never really tried to know him. All you did was make him train then you passed a powerful quirk down onto him. "

I stated already knowing exactly what happened. He continues to stare at the green strand of hair with a guilty look.

"You know he looked up to you, then you go and crush his dreams... Again. "

Izukus POV

I ran through alleyways and through buildings to confuse everyone with my tracks. Ill basically lead them in a circle. I ran into, well more like broke into a closed bar to take a break. I sat on the ground and took deep breaths. My stitches weren't helping either.

I took my cut up shirt off and started to unwrap my bandages.

"Hey, what are you doing in here?! "

Someone yelled I looked up to see an old man. I quickly stood up and bolted out of the bar again. I seen some people that were around me point and stare. I look down to see that I forgot my shirt.

'Crap. '

I then saw two pros not too far from here so I bolted down another alleyway and jumped atop some buildings. Can't go to moms since that will be the first place they look.

I took a break in an alley behind some dumpsters. I'm just glad my stitches didn't open again. I closed my eyes and took small breaths. Then I realized that I'm quirkless again. I felt tears start to fill my eyes.

Why? Was I not good enough? Do the gods really hate me so much?  should have died when I tried to hang myself.  I should have died whenever I tried to commit suicide. But I guess the gods want me alive. 

I stood up again and wiped my eyes. I looked around and seen that it was bearly the afternoon.  I was about to leave when a hand was put over my mouth and an arm wrapped around my waist, keeping me from running. I tried struggling to get out.

"Sh, it's me midoriya. "

I stopped struggling.

"You ok now? "

I nod and he let's go. I turn around and see todo.

"Wh-what are you doing here? "

I ask pulling him deeper into the alley. He sighs and rub the back of his neck.

"Well I a few days ago I found out from my dad that a student from my class stole school files. I found out it was none other than you, so today I decided to skip school and talk to you but I couldn't find you so I searched everywhere until I seen you coming into this alley. "

He said with a monotone and tired voice. But doesn't that mean he doesn't trust me anymore?

"Do you believe that I would do that? "

I asked. He shook his head.

"But even if you did, I would still be on your side. "

He says placing his hand on my shoulder. I nod and hug him.

"Thank you, todo."

We pull away and he hands me a blue backpack.

"Here are some clothes. Seeing as your... Shirtless. "

He pauses and turns around for me to change. I chuckle and put on whatever clothes were in the bag. There were just some black joggers and a plain red T-shirt.

I threw my uniform in the bag and slung it over my shoulder. I walked out of the alley with todo. He said they had  a cabin out in the woods, that they never used unless his family wants to get away. So he said I could stay there for awhile.

'I'm grateful that he's here. '